Can't Wait for new Google Clock app

HamDog

Reaction score
So we finally get Froyo pushed out to us (OTA). Then Google pushes out their new "Voice Search" app. They tease us by showing a cool video of all the things we can do with this new app. One of my favorites is setting the alarm by just saying "Set Alarm for 10:30 am tomorrow" and it magically happens. I'm impressed. But whenever I try it, I get a pop-up saying I need the new "Clock" app and then goes to a Google website saying it's not currently available but their developers are working on it! Damn it! I want it NOW!

We waited for 2.2 (official release)
We waited for Flash (official release)
And now...we wait for the Clock!

I wonder what else this clock will be capable of....

OP
H

HamDog

Reaction score
Are you suggesting...YES!...time travel!

I just received my "extended" battery and as an Internet scientist, I can tell you that's it's clearly a flux capacitor. And with an new clock app on the way, you just nailed it on the head with time travel!

How clever of Google...."extended" battery..cute.

Panamakevin

Reaction score
Sounds pretty cool, i haven't played around much with the voice activated functions on the droid... Are they pretty functional or just for flash?

mikejody

Reaction score
Are you suggesting...YES!...time travel!

I just received my "extended" battery and as an Internet scientist, I can tell you that's it's clearly a flux capacitor. And with an new clock app on the way, you just nailed it on the head with time travel!

How clever of Google...."extended" battery..cute.

If you got the 2800Mha extended battery it actually does work, and it works well. However, the battery meter will not function properly. It gets down to about 5% and then sits there for 4 hours or more. You should get 8-12 hours out of the extended battery, depending on use of course.

OP
H

HamDog

Reaction score
Sounds pretty cool, i haven't played around much with the voice activated functions on the droid... Are they pretty functional or just for flash?

It's VERY functional (remember, official Flash isn't out yet - pun intended)! I use it all the time. But it does not work well if there's alot of background noise.

Here is Google's demo video, although they took out the "Set alarm" part:

[video=youtube;gGbYVvU0Z5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGbYVvU0Z5s&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Introducing Voice Actions for Android[/video]

and I did my own demo on Youtube:

[video=youtube;zv5Get6F2bw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv5Get6F2bw]YouTube - Voice Search in Android 2.2[/video]

allikanbe

Reaction score
Every time I try to "send text to Alex" or whomever is in my contact list, the text box shows up and the TO: window is empty and the MESSAGE: window reads: Alex (and then whatever I said was the message). The problem is that there is no name in the TO: window. This is the same with emails.
Any ideas?
not rooted Droid 1

srs310

Reaction score
that looks sick... if only my OTA for DI would get here, im getting jealous of everyone with it already...

edit: got the OTA update but like someone else said when I try and say text enter name it doesnt put there name in the TO: line and just puts it in the message instead... is there some setting we dont have selected or is there a trick to getting it to put the name in the To: box? Thanks for any help

Last edited: