[HACKS] [Toolkit] Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0 [Updated 11/26/12]

stinger161

Reaction score
Ok, did this before with no problems but an incident involving gravity and a ceiling fan got me a new phone. I usually find a stable ROM and just run with it forever. Was on Dark AOSP for almost a year. Anyway, installed 1.6, drivers installed, unlocked with no problem. When I go to root I press "install" in TWRP then try to navigate to /sdcard/!readytoflash/Rootingfiles there is no !readytoflash/Rootingfiles directory therefore no Busybox.zip or CWM.zip.

Looking in my pc though I do have busybox-signed.zip and CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip in my WugFress program folder. Should I just reboot my Gnex, and manually put these files in my self created !readytoflash/Rootingfiles directory? THanks.

Edit: I did just that and everything installed and all is right with the world. Thanks Wugs for a most awesome tool! Don't know why I had to go the extra step but meh. I'm comfortable dicking around.

Last edited:

stinger161

Reaction score
OK. Spoke too soon. Can't boot into the TWRP recovery. Goes into boot loader, select recovery then it goes to the android on its back with the red exclamation, hangs there for a while then boots into normal. Tried it several times. Something must be missing. Going to install a ROM but have only used cwm not TWRP.

stinger161

Reaction score
Read through everything thinking someone else had the same issue. I even d/l and installed ROM manager and tried to boot recovery but I keep getting the same thing: android on his back with red exclamation. Holding both volume buttons and power does nothing. Hangs there for a couple minutes then boots normal.

stinger161

Reaction score
Ok, I did a complete unroot and relock and unlocked and rooted again and all seems to be well.

prey

Reaction score
I get this error when trying to install Wugs..

'Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I tried several times.. also tried running as administrator.

OP
W

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I get this error when trying to install Wugs..

'Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I tried several times.. also tried running as administrator.

Your Anti Virus program most likely falsely flagged certain exe files in the toolkit and is either quarantining them or outright deleted them. Add an exception to your AV program and if you can submit a report to your AV provider so they can remove the false flag.

{{ WugFresh }}

mattjenn

Reaction score
@wugfresh any plans to update the vzw stock image to the new 4.2.2?

brass2mouth

Reaction score
I registered for the sole purpose of telling you how badass this toolkit is. Thank you sir.:hail: