[TOOL] ezSBF

Reaction score
Alright guys, I have a new version done, added the ZergRush root script so you can root right after flashing if you want. I need a couple people to test it, post in this thread or send me a PM if you can test.
ill test. i need gb for my wifi droid 2.

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
PM sent

madcow706

Reaction score
Alright guys, I have a new version done, added the ZergRush root script so you can root right after flashing if you want. I need a couple people to test it, post in this thread or send me a PM if you can test.

I'll test it as well.
Thanks,
Madcow

Schweggman

Reaction score
You Rock

I am new at all this and of course I bricked it and this download did the trick. Keep up the great work man!

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I downloaded and checked this out last fall when I finally took the step to root my D2 ( bought in Aug 2010 day they came out ). Started my pc and saw the screens and how it worked as a trial, never actually using it. Well, I flashed my first rom a month ago and this week started trying to use Boot Manager. But I had Droid 2 Bootstrap and tried to remove it ( bug with Boot Manager ?). Guess what, bricked my cell while deleting files, stuck at M logo. Just finished with your exSBF and right now getting the OTA GB. Without this program handy, I would have been without my cell for a while. Thanks for putting this together dancedroid

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My pleasure, glad it worked out for ya!

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP updated with new 4.5.601 version!
Thanks joeblow789 and rabidturtles359 for testing!

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That is/was the system version not the Android version.

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I have the older version that sbf's back to froyo. I have sbf'd a couple times, then taking the OTA GB. If I use the new file will that take me straight to GB, just as if I had taken the OTA? That would save some time and steps when I want to sbf for a fresh rom install.

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes, exactly. It would flash you to 4.5.601 gingerbread just like going to froyo then taking the OTA.

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Yes, exactly. It would flash you to 4.5.601 gingerbread just like going to froyo then taking the OTA.

Thanks. I will download this weekend. Really love how easy this makes sbfing, :biggrin:

ATA2D

Reaction score
I HAD to register to the forums just to tell you Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You !!! You are a god amongst men and saved me LOTS of $$$ on buying my son a new phone.

Kamokazi

Reaction score
Hey 1KDS, thanks for the great tool. I've used this to SBF to Froyo a few times and it works wonders. However I'm unable to get the GB version to work. I get the phone in bootloader, it sees the USB connection, but when it's extracting and running the script, nothing happens on the phone. On the PC side it takes about a minute and then claims it's finished. When I factory reset and wipe cache, I still have CM7 and not the factory GB.

I double-checked the MD5 on the ISO, and re-burnt it with no success. And I can SBF Froyo all day long with the exact same setup. Any ideas?

OP
1KDS

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It sounds like it is having trouble unzipping the sbf file, how much ram does your PC have?

[mobile]

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
edit: sorry wrong phone

run froyo ezSBF then install 4.5.601 update.zip

extra step but gets you there