raidzero

n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Setcpu or build a kernel 125-600 lv using the correct voltages

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Will do. I'm trying to avoid using setcpu is possible so I'll dl Ubuntu and see how it goes.
I made a set of scripts and kernel source code, check my forum for Kernel Studio if you are interested. I mean if you are going to go all the way and install a new OS.. why not check it out ? :D

some

Reaction score
Hi.
I am new user and I have a problem. When I compile ti wlan driver ti message appearing:
Code:
 CC [M]  /home/sb/Desktop/andro/ti/wilink_6_1/platforms/os/linux/build/../../../../platforms/os/linux/src/WlanDrvIf.o
/home/sb/Desktop/andro/ti/wilink_6_1/platforms/os/linux/build/../../../../platforms/os/linux/src/WlanDrvIf.c: In function 'wlanDrvIf_UpdateDriverState':
/home/sb/Desktop/andro/ti/wilink_6_1/platforms/os/linux/build/../../../../platforms/os/linux/src/WlanDrvIf.c:236: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'hard_start_xmit'
/home/sb/Desktop/andro/ti/wilink_6_1/platforms/os/linux/build/../../../../platforms/os/linux/src/WlanDrvIf.c: In function 'wlanDrvIf_Open':
/home/sb/Desktop/andro/ti/wilink_6_1/platforms/os/linux/build/../../../../platforms/os/linux/src/WlanDrvIf.c:638: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'hard_start_xmit'
/home/sb/Desktop/andro/ti/wilink_6_1/platforms/os/linux/build/../../../../platforms/os/linux/src/WlanDrvIf.c: In function 'wlanDrvIf_SetupNetif':
/home/sb/Desktop/andro/ti/wilink_6_1/platforms/os/linux/build/../../../../platforms/os/linux/src/WlanDrvIf.c:735: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'validate_addr'
/home/sb/Desktop/andro/ti/wilink_6_1/platforms/os/linux/build/../../../../platforms/os/linux/src/WlanDrvIf.c:742: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'open'
/home/sb/Desktop/andro/ti/wilink_6_1/platforms/os/linux/build/../../../../platforms/os/linux/src/WlanDrvIf.c:743: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'stop'
/home/sb/Desktop/andro/ti/wilink_6_1/platforms/os/linux/build/../../../../platforms/os/linux/src/WlanDrvIf.c:744: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'hard_start_xmit'
/home/sb/Desktop/andro/ti/wilink_6_1/platforms/os/linux/build/../../../../platforms/os/linux/src/WlanDrvIf.c:745: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'get_stats'
/home/sb/Desktop/andro/ti/wilink_6_1/platforms/os/linux/build/../../../../platforms/os/linux/src/WlanDrvIf.c:747: error: 'struct net_device' has no member named 'do_ioctl'
make[3]: *** [/home/sb/Desktop/andro/ti/wilink_6_1/platforms/os/linux/build/../../../../platforms/os/linux/src/WlanDrvIf.o] Błąd 1
make[2]: *** [_module_/home/sb/Desktop/andro/ti/wilink_6_1/platforms/os/linux/build] Błąd 2
make[2]: Opuszczenie katalogu `/home/sb/Desktop/andro/omap'
make[1]: *** [../../../../platforms/os/linux/build/tiwlan_drv_stub.o] Błąd 2
make[1]: Opuszczenie katalogu `/home/sb/Desktop/andro/ti/wilink_6_1/platforms/os/linux/build'
make: *** [../../../platforms/os/linux/build/tiwlan_drv_stub.o] Błąd 2

So it mean that the kernel have another values in structure net_device than driver expect.
I don't know if is patch for the driver. I download another source of this driver but there are appearing another bugs...

Can someone help? Thanks.

Last edited:

TehTech

Reaction score
Hi there!
New member here & posting because I have a problem that has halted my progress and I am so annoyed as I have got so far already!
I am stuck on Part 2: Setting up Git and kernel source

The bit is: git clone git://android.git.kernel.org/kernel/omap.git to which i get the error:

android.git.kernel.org[0: 149.20.4.77]: errno=Connection refused
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)

I have a clean install of Ubuntu & has all updates installed, WHY am I getting this error and more importantly; HOW to I fix this as I am really keen to get this project moving!

Thanks all in advance,

Arty.

Dvalin21

Reaction score
Hello sir, thank you so much for doing this tut, I was wondering though if and when you had time, could you update these instructions? Thanks in advance.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Hello sir, thank you so much for doing this tut, I was wondering though if and when you had time, could you update these instructions? Thanks in advance.
Hey bud, you must realize that the OP hasn't logged on to this site in well over four years, right? I am sure if you ry a google search, you can find much more up to date info for this. xda has some good write ups too. Heck, a whole bunch of them.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey bud, you must realize that the OP hasn't logged on to this site in well over four years, right? I am sure if you ry a google search, you can find much more up to date info for this. xda has some good write ups too. Heck, a whole bunch of them.
Mr Teddy P, how are you doing sir?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
As well as can be expected pilot charles