Too many icons slowing phone down?

shadyf0o

Reaction score
I have had my droid now for about a month. Recently my phone has started to slow down and I cannot figure out why. When I unlock the phone, it takes at least 5 seconds to display what I have on my homescreen (non-animated black background, beautiful widgets clock, and four icons including droid light, messaging, calender, and alarms) Out of the five screens that are availible for use after the update, I only use three and it still loads up slowly. The two extra screens I use are only half way used up. Why give us so much space, if it lags the phone to use it? Is it unusual for my phone to be acting like this?

I did have advanced task manager installed, but I uninstalled it about a week ago.

xliderider

Reaction score
I had problems with lagging and freezing and unresponsive screens when froyo was loaded. My problems were solved by reformatting my memory card. If you have a spare memory card you can try that, or try taking out your memory card to see if the problems go away.

nooter99

Reaction score
Xliderider, could you explain what "reformatting memory card" is, and how to do it? I'm having the same issues as OP, I've tried everything else suggested here with mixed results. I figure one more thing can't hurt! Thanks in advance.

xliderider

Reaction score
You should try a spare memory card, or take your existing card out of your phone first to see if it really is a problem with the card.

Formatting your card will erase all your files on the card, so at a minimum, you should backup your files to your computer before formatting the card.

The card can be formatted in the phone (Settings, SD card & phone memory, Unmount SD card, Format card), or formatted on your computer when mounted on your computer as a flash drive. Formatting the card basically erases everything on the card and resets the files system, a clean slate if you will,

Last edited: