Could having too many apps slow the Droid?

danagudo

Reaction score
My Droid often sticks/hangs up or just moves slowly. I've download dozens of apps, very few of which are running. Could having too many apps slow the Droid? What's a reasonable number (probably in terms of space not actually the number of apps.,) and where can I see what all the apps are taking in the way of space?
thanks,
Dan

OP
D

danagudo

Reaction score
thanks for your quick and encouraging reply, but it's discouraging in the sense that I don't know how to avoid the frequent hangups or slowdowns. Any thoughts on that? Or must I just wait and hope that the OTAs will gradually fix that? The camera is especially quirky, but often I just can't move from one screen to another.
Thanks,

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
A simple thing as 1 bad app can be the cause of the slowdowns. I would list all your apps/widgets you have on your device so people can help you troubleshoot.

It's a wide open playing field right now as to what is causing your issue.

edit: I'm going to move thread to general discussions area. It's a better place for this problem.

Sit tight help is on the way : )

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A simple thing as 1 bad app can be the cause of the slowdowns. I would list all your apps/widgets you have on your device so people can help you troubleshoot.

It's a wide open playing field right now as to what is causing your issue.

edit: I'm going to move thread to general discussions area. It's a better place for this problem.

Sit tight help is on the way : )

Good advice above. Mine started getting laggy and experienced some force closes and it turned out to be an interference between Launcher2 and Swype. I could have Launcher2 running and Swype activated at the same time. Stopped using Launcher2 and presto, no problems.

Droidster163

Reaction score
I somtimes experience the same problems. I have about 65-70 apps so far.

bigthinker

Reaction score
Yes, it's not the amount of applications loaded onto your phone but the one or two bad ones causing the slooowwwww down....List em...We will help you diagnose.:motdroidhoriz: