To Tether or Not to Tether

JWACK

Reaction score
Ok,
The last post i found that touched on this was back around Oct 2011. I just have a few questions to see if anything new has come up. Now i just got my Bionic Rooted & running good. I am on the Eclipse V2.2 rom and i was able to test the tether via USB cable today, that worked. Wireless is a no go, as every one knows, with out Verizon having there hand out for more $$. On my D2 i used Open Garden for wireless tethering. Will this work on the Bionic, & if not is there one that will. I have also head about them tracking the tether. Is that for the wireless tether, or the USB tether or both. Now i don't tether in off my phone much, but it is nice to know i can in a pinch. Thanks

WACK

Last edited:

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Wired USB tether should work, even on a completely stock (non-rooted) phone. The wireless tether that bbucks36 posted should also work great on a rooted phone. You may need to go into settings & select Bionic from the "Device Profiles" menu.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I use an app called mobile hotspot. I think it's free, not sure if it requires root. Works great for both wireless and USB tethering.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums