To overclock or just freeze apps?

Sparky013

Reaction score
I have a Droid Eris. I was wondering if I will get more speed by overclocking or just freezing some apps that I don't need by using titanium backup. I have the one click root with the stock ROM...any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Cdjones187

Reaction score
I have a Droid Eris. I was wondering if I will get more speed by overclocking or just freezing some apps that I don't need by using titanium backup. I have the one click root with the stock ROM...any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

If you don't need the apps just remove them completely. Unless you plan on using them later. Overclocking will make the phone faster.

OP
S

Sparky013

Reaction score
Roms?

Thanks...Do you know a good Rom for Eris that is overclocked already? I'm not that smart when it comes to the technical stuff. Something reliable that I dont need to mess with a whole lot.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Thanks...Do you know a good Rom for Eris that is overclocked already? I'm not that smart when it comes to the technical stuff. Something reliable that I dont need to mess with a whole lot.

I have no idea on the Eris. But flashing a different kernel is about the same as flashing a rom.

wolfpackdl90

Reaction score
I recently just rooted my eris, based on the sticky in this section. I haven't flased froyo yet, don't know if i will or not. But my question is after i run SetCpu and Perflock is disabled, it want allow me to overclock it from 528 (stock) to 710 like i want to. Does anyone know why this is and how i can overclock the eris without having to flash another rom. Thanks in advance.