To DroidX or Not to DroidX

scarrz

Reaction score
Ok, I have a quick question I'm hoping some others can chime in.

I currently have a Moto Droid A855 and I actually am up for an early upgrade in mid Nov. 2010. I found a DroidX used for approx. $225. I really think I could unload my droid on ebay or craigslist for $100-150 therefore cutting the cost of the X. If I buy the used X I don't have to get locked into another Verizon contract and can sit back and see what phones will be coming out in 2011.

My options:
(1) skip the X and do an early upgrade.
(2) just be patient and keep the moto droid and wait it out.
(3) Buy the X, wait it out and sell it once I decide to cash in my early upgrade sometime in 2011?

My main reasoning for the X is the bigger screen and more cpu horsepower!

(The seller of the X changed to another droid, seems legit, clean ESN, etc.)

Last edited:

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
I would just get the X now. Save ur upgrade for a little later....so when a super droid comes out...just sell the X on ebay and get the upgrade discount on that phone.....you'll still get a pretty penny even 6 months from now for the X

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
scarrz

scarrz

Reaction score
Read my mind. Thanks!!

I would just get the X now. Save ur upgrade for a little later....so when a super droid comes out...just sell the X on ebay and get the upgrade discount on that phone.....you'll still get a pretty penny even 6 months from now for the X

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
I left my droid at home this weekend and sorta took over my Husbands x in the lulls. I remember thinking at one point maybe I had been harsh on the x saying something along the lines it was more of a toy for u-tube, games and movies. It was nice but I missed one thing...the pull out keyboard. I am not fond of devices that didnt start out with me coming from strangers.....thats my two pennies. Good luck.

OP
scarrz

scarrz

Reaction score
Good point about the strangers aspect. That is one issue, I have gotten burned in the past. I currently have the warranty, etc through Verizon on my original droid.

I actually purchased the droid b/c of the keyboard but have found I rarely ever use it and its starting to get on my nerves when it tries to open some in my pocket (the slide out keyboard). Other than that its a great phone and modded! :)

I left my droid at home this weekend and sorta took over my Husbands x in the lulls. I remember thinking at one point maybe I had been harsh on the x saying something along the lines it was more of a toy for u-tube, games and movies. It was nice but I missed one thing...the pull out keyboard. I am not fond of devices that didnt start out with me coming from strangers.....thats my two pennies. Good luck.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
While I love my x, I would save your upgrade.