DROIDX Froyo Update Delayed to September?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Droid X users, please take a deep breath before you read this. And let me just say that “early September” is not that much different than “late August” when we’re talking about Froyo updates. Why am I prefacing this? Because the Motorola forums manager just dropped some interesting news on the DX community…
Some Droid X users are experiencing an issue using Exchange 2003 email. Though the email is arriving on the Droid X, no notifications are appearing. A fix for this will be included in the upgrade to Android 2.2 scheduled for deployment by early September.
He was responding to the growing list of people having issues with Exchange support on their device and managed to slip in a surprise timeline for Froyo. September…not August. Maybe Android 2.2 and Blur aren’t playing nice? And maybe this is the same reason that we still don’t have an official date for the Droid 2?

Source: Motorola Forums
Via: Engadget
Via Droid-Life/Kellex

Last edited:

Stang68

Reaction score
How can something be delayed if it was never given a date in the first place? "Late Summer" IS September.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can something be delayed if it was never given a date in the first place? "Late Summer" IS September.

Orignially the date we were hearing was later in August. Then it got moved up to the same time as the Droid. Then pushed back again.

But it was always thought to be in August.

This push to September is not surprising. I believe testing is having some issues trying to give 2.2 to the X.

Stang68

Reaction score

Orignially the date we were hearing was later in August. Then it got moved up to the same time as the Droid. Then pushed back again.

But it was always thought to be in August.

This push to September is not surprising. I believe testing is having some issues trying to give 2.2 to the X.

Yes, but what you hear is nothing close to "official".

If they're having problems porting it to the X with it's effing blur, just give us vanilla Froyo :) We'd all love that!

yellar

Reaction score
I would second that about Vanilla froyo. I don't much care for the blur junk. Thats about the most undesirable thing about this phone especially coming from a droid.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Waiting till Sept is nothing. I came from a BB Storm, and the updates were usually delayed for many months so we just installed half finished leaks as we could find them, most of them buggy as hell. If a BB update was announced for Aug, we'd be lucky to get it by December!