Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Verizon has said that the Android 2.2 for the Droid will start to roll out on Tuesday, August 3rd and Motorola basically confirmed that with a timeline update. Yes, that same dreaded timeline. While we knew about this info after receiving an email from Moto’s forums manager, we now see that the Droid X has been added to the list with some not-so-specific info.

“Late summer” is the word we’ve been hearing all along and it appears as if Verizon and Motorola are going to be as tight lipped about this one as they’ve been with the D1’s update. Can’t say we blame them.

Source: Motorola
via droid-life.com

bigd73

Reaction score
I'm betting that Motorola is working hard on getting the Droid X update completed and they just can't give a time table to Verizon, because you know Verizon would tell us if they knew. I'm thinking that the Droid and Droid X 2.2 updates are pretty similar and didn't they say that the Droid was going to get it's update in July?

The Droid X will ship with Android 2.1, and according to Motorola and Verizon – it’ll get the OTA update to Android 2.2 in August. But, a leaked Verizon document shows the first Droid getting the update in July.

Source here.

Whatever the case, I've heard that Flash is a major battery eater.:icon_eek:

jtdiddy

Reaction score
I'm hearing Aug 15th for the x

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

soba1

Reaction score
I'm betting that Motorola is working hard on getting the Droid X update completed and they just can't give a time table to Verizon, because you know Verizon would tell us if they knew. I'm thinking that the Droid and Droid X 2.2 updates are pretty similar and didn't they say that the Droid was going to get it's update in July?

The Droid X will ship with Android 2.1, and according to Motorola and Verizon – it’ll get the OTA update to Android 2.2 in August. But, a leaked Verizon document shows the first Droid getting the update in July.

Source here.

Whatever the case, I've heard that Flash is a major battery eater.:icon_eek:
That's why we can by a spare battery...

zook_b

Reaction score
When I had flash on my Droid I didn't notice any different battery life.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk