To anyone running the ics leak....

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Have you disabled Sense via the ics feature? If so, what advantages have you seen? Any problems? I don't use it except for the lock screen. I'm running Go Launcher so downloading a locker is no big deal. I'm just curious. I thought about freezing it a few times but never did.

Last edited:

Insidious

Reaction score
LoudRam said:
Have you disabled Sense via the ics feature? If so, what advantages have you seen? Any problems? I don't use it except for the lock screen. I'm running Go Launcher so downloading a locker is no big deal. I'm just curious. I thought about freezing it a few times but never did.

I would just run cleanrom developer edition. Its desensed and you can add or remove the sense lock screen.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Thanks for the heads up but I'm not rooted. I'm stock and locked running the ics leak.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I am on the first ICS leak from March. I was not aware of any feature to turn off sense. Where would one find that? I really have no issues with sense, but if it could help my battery life, i might give disabling it a try.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Rageboardr said:
I am on the first ICS leak from March. I was not aware of any feature to turn off sense. Where would one find that? I really have no issues with sense, but if it could help my battery life, i might give disabling it a try.

I'm running the second leak but the ability to disable an app is a stock ics feature so you should have it. On your app list where an installed app says "uninstall" a pre installed app will say "disable". Click on that.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
well how about that. i see that i can force close it, but the disable button isn't highlighted. Anyways. Has anyone disabled all of sense like this before. I assume that if i were to stop it i would need to have another launcher already installed. What else would disabling sense cause not to work. My widgets?