Anyone get FoxFi to work?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
FoxFi says that it will work over WIFI on newer HTC phones running ICS but I can't get it to connect to my laptop. Could it be because we are running Sense 3.6 and not 4.0? I haven't tried Bluetooth because my laptop isn't set up for it and I don't have a BT dongle. Has anyone gotten it to work? BTW...I'm not rooted, I'm locked and running the leak.

HowardZ

Reaction score
if you are on the ics leak, and rooted, then it is very easy to get WiFi Teather program working.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm not rooted.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

HowardZ

Reaction score
if you want to root it, download SuperSU zip file from xda developers onto your sd card. Then boot into amon ra recovery and install the zip file.

Do not use Superuser, because it will not work on any HTC ICS phone. Must use SuperSU.

Download latest WiFi Teather program dated June 27.

In its settings, say your phone is a galaxy nexus CDMA LTE, and check the routing fix option. Check to enable encryption. Select master, ssid name, password.

Make sure the SuperSU app is always automatically giving the WiFi Teather app su access.

regards,
Howard

Last edited:

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Running ics leak. Not rooted. Foxfi is working fine.

zanshin825

Reaction score
Mine connects but doesn't share an option. No idea why... But I wish it would work.

jvc

Reaction score
I'm on the latest ICS leak. Other devices recognize my device's signal on FoxFi, but can't connect. They get hung up trying to obtain the IP address.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
MJKneuro said:
Running ics leak. Not rooted. Foxfi is working fine.

Seems the person whom I thought was connected to my Foxfi was mistakenly hooking up to a different WiFi. I'm having the same problem as every body else - can see it but can't connect....