Titanium not able to restore data/apps?

xraytedjim

Reaction score
Hi,

I came from tranquility 3.6 and love this rom!! However, when I try to restore my data from my apps, my apps do not work. I've tried restoring data from angry birds, etc and then the app will just hang or fc. Are the apps/data structure installed in different places than maybe where tranquility would install it? Could that be causing the problems? I hate to lose all of my angry bird achievements/levels and all my other saved data. I have never had this problem with any other roms until this one.

Any help/info would be appreciated.
Thanks

anrichardson

Reaction score
Hi,

I came from tranquility 3.6 and love this rom!! However, when I try to restore my data from my apps, my apps do not work. I've tried restoring data from angry birds, etc and then the app will just hang or fc. Are the apps/data structure installed in different places than maybe where tranquility would install it? Could that be causing the problems? I hate to lose all of my angry bird achievements/levels and all my other saved data. I have never had this problem with any other roms until this one.

Thanks

I use MyBackUp Pro and have no issues with App/Data.

rolandct

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks
I have same problem. Titanium causes freezes or makes it do a quick reboot.
While there might be other backups programs there are a lot of people using titanium and it is quite annoying, especially those who paid for the pro version. If there is any chance to fix this it would be great.

teh_g

Reaction score
I haven't had major issues with TB before. Try downloading the trouble apps from the market, and doing a data only restore with TB. Some ROMs have had issues with apps trying to restore to the SD card (which Angry Birds does). I believe TB has an option to restore to where the app originated, so if you install to internal memory, it will restore to internal, this has fixed any issues I have ever had. The option is called "Force to same location".

OP
X

xraytedjim

Reaction score
I haven't had major issues with TB before. Try downloading the trouble apps from the market, and doing a data only restore with TB. Some ROMs have had issues with apps trying to restore to the SD card (which Angry Birds does). I believe TB has an option to restore to where the app originated, so if you install to internal memory, it will restore to internal, this has fixed any issues I have ever had. The option is called "Force to same location".

Hmm... thanks for the ideas, but regardless what I try.. it still doesn't work. I've tried moving the app (angry birds) to the phone... moving it all to the SD card... etc. I hate to lose all of the levels I played. I wish I could figure it out.

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, but it seems to be more of a system issue, because I can't move apps to the internal storage even when I go into the manager in the settings menu. I was having this problem when I installed the GB leak (rooted) and then kept getting it even when I changed roms. When I am in the manage the 'Move to SD card' is the only available 'move to' option, but that problem with that is the apps that have that are viewable after i clicked on 'SD Card' apps. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Oh, and that screen that talks about 'This program supports apps2sd' 'ok' 'cancel' pops up all the time when messing with program locations.
And i'm on a Droid 2

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Download the app angry birds -unlock all levels. Haha. It works well

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz