Titanium Backup

mdowns989

Reaction score
Just tried Titanium backup for the first time... wow... nice time saver... BUT... is there a way to backup the Widgets in there or run batch recovery so I don't have to approved every reinstalled app?? Great for swapping rom's easily

rubiX Focused 1.6 & Modded Black Juice.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
do you have the full version? pretty sure it has batch options on it.

OP
M

mdowns989

Reaction score
Nah just tried free one... it HAS batch option but you have to approve each one as it goes... night just be overlooking something...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
dude get the paid one. its deff worth it and batch restore is a lot quicker than sitting there clicking one by one

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya the full version will do batch operations in the bacground with out any fuss. Plus you can freeze and thaw apps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
M

mdowns989

Reaction score
Awesome... does it backup and restore Widgets ad well? I backed up from my Rubix 1.6 and installed fission and restored.... perfect minus all the Widgets.... can it be cross backedup and installed between blurred and blurless roms? Too easy man if so!! ;-)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you mean a widgets location on the screen or like system widgets?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
M

mdowns989

Reaction score
On screen... there was bars saying problem loading widget.... but just had to re apply... all but a few that didn't make transition

dvation

Reaction score
Awesome... does it backup and restore Widgets ad well? I backed up from my Rubix 1.6 and installed fission and restored.... perfect minus all the Widgets.... can it be cross backedup and installed between blurred and blurless roms? Too easy man if so!! ;-)

I haven't seen an application that can save and restore widget locations. Bummer - I'd buy that app in a heartbeat.

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
What's up?
When I downloaded Ti backup, I got both the free and the pro-version..about ten minutes ago I got the update..is it alright to have both of them?..or can I uninstall the fee version....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

techguru

Reaction score
What's up?
When I downloaded Ti backup, I got both the free and the pro-version..about ten minutes ago I got the update..is it alright to have both of them?..or can I uninstall the fee version....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Pro is just an unlock key, so yes, you need both, but the pro key will hide itself from your launch tray on your next reboot.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using DroidForums App

kameleongt

Reaction score

I haven't seen an application that can save and restore widget locations. Bummer - I'd buy that app in a heartbeat.

that would be great for any of these back up/restore apps^ I would def buy since I have been trying roms/themes so much and having to set up the widgets is a pain..dancedroid

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

that would be great for any of these back up/restore apps^ I would def buy since I have been trying roms/themes so much and having to set up the widgets is a pain..dancedroid
One of the limitations of the android OS is not being able to backup widgets on-screen. No app will do it.