Titanium Backup won't restore email settings in Cyanogen

loveubuntu

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a rooted Droid phone. Trying different ROMs. I have Titanium Backup pro version and RomManager paid version. I had backed up all my apps and settings with Titanium Backup and then flashed with Cyanogen 6.1 RC4. Everything works great except that some apps and system data will not be restored into this new ROM. Most are no biggie but I hate to keep entering email settings (7 accounts).

My guess is that there are 2 versions of the email system app, one for the stock and one that Cyanogen uses. Anyone know a way to restore these settings with Titanium Backup?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Did you also install Cyanogen's gapps portion as well?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Sometimes I have the same thing happen after running the batch in TB. Try going into TB and going to each app and restore data ...

OP
loveubuntu

loveubuntu

Reaction score
Sometimes I have the same thing happen after running the batch in TB. Try going into TB and going to each app and restore data ...

No it won't go. The installed email app in CM is 2.2.1 and has no back up since I have backed up in the stock rom. Under it it says email 2.2 Email policy 2.2 and when I restore data, still none of my email accounts show.

At the bottom where there are apps and data that have not been installed are located, there is an Email 2.2 that has one back up. But when I click it, it will not have the restore buttons lit. No choice to restore it. I even uninstalled the email app through TiBu but the buttons still did not show up. Pretty frustrating.

OP
loveubuntu

loveubuntu

Reaction score
The CM 6RC4's email app has a lot more bells and whistles than the stock and I can't imagine they'd be compatible anyways. Worth re-entering them one more time.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
no I have not. Is that the fix? TIA
Yes, it is. This is the only way you'll get everything wroking right on your phone. Titanium won't get it all the way since your market app technically need to be there. Sorry I didn't get back sooner. Yank must have missed the fact you didn't install the gapps.

good luck

p.s. made 800

OP
loveubuntu

loveubuntu

Reaction score
Somehow I didn't realize gapp was Google apps. I had installed the gapps initially and was not able to backup email settings. As I said before I suspect the many extra functions the CM adds to the email client to be the culprit. I just faded the settings manually. The extras are worth it
One I like is the custom color yiy can pick for each email account.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App