Titanium Backup or Backup & Restore via google?

Coderedpl

Reaction score
I just want to get an idea of what the general consensus is and what people use. I've heard some stories that if you use the Backup & Restore that you can enable/disable from within privacy settings that there might be some problems with the rom you're using acting up weird and stuff. Granted, it doesnt restore all your preferences and settings but it's not the end of the world for me to setup a few things by myself, and it automatically downloads the latest versions of the apps where as titanium backup restores the version you had installed?

What do you use, have used? Any experiences?

dwray

Reaction score
I just want to get an idea of what the general consensus is and what people use. I've heard some stories that if you use the Backup & Restore that you can enable/disable from within privacy settings that there might be some problems with the rom you're using acting up weird and stuff. Granted, it doesnt restore all your preferences and settings but it's not the end of the world for me to setup a few things by myself, and it automatically downloads the latest versions of the apps where as titanium backup restores the version you had installed?

Haven't tried the backup and restore method from Google, but using Titanium worked perfectly for me. Since I check for updates a few times a day, all of the app versions that I had backed up were the current versions.

qman66

Reaction score
i doubt the google one will let you back up things on your system. titanium will do it all cause its a root app

OP
C

Coderedpl

Reaction score
i doubt the google one will let you back up things on your system. titanium will do it all cause its a root app

It seems to save a few of the system settings like wifi pass and some other basics but it certainly remembers the apps I have downloaded from the market.

Incredibilly

Reaction score
I never used backup & restore, but TB let's you restore app data... so if you have something like a notepad app, you can restore all of your notes. Also, any configuration settings in your apps are restorable through TB.
Plus, you can save the app images (to your computer) separately from a nandroid image.

sent from my Incredible Andriod phone using DroidForums App.

coltzfan

Reaction score
TB hands down is the best at backing up and restoring. I donated and it goes alot faster. With the donated version all the apps restore on their own instead of having to click install, then done. TB also has alot of features that you can not do with any other back up app. IE...Freeze apps, clear caches, and stuff like that.

freezyfreaky

Reaction score

I've definitely ran into issues when trying a different ROM by restoring too many things from Titanium Backup. Now I normally setup accounts manually, let google restore contacts, apps, etc. and use TB to restore specific app data like SMS, phone logs, and 3rd party apps like password keeper and stuff like that. Works pretty well for me so far. Also interested in other people's methods.