Tips to Help Improve Battery Life on ThunderBolt

scaner

Reaction score
Hello,,i was charge my phone for the night,wake up at 12 pm unplug and do some use on market,2 text,some surf on inet,and now is 5-18 pm and my phone is 66% ..lets see what hapening next ....if it will be go like this..i have my 14 days return,i will change to Droid global....:greendroid:

want a droid

Reaction score
If your phone is down 44% in 5 hours then I wouldn't be complaining. I lost 30+% in under 2 hours.

scaner

Reaction score
If your phone is down 44% in 5 hours then I wouldn't be complaining. I lost 30+% in under 2 hours.
This is just today without a usage like at work..yestarday was like 2 hours and like 60% gone..i was recharge twice..today its just seat next to me..im pick up my phone last thursday and will be testing,,and if it will be the same ,,i will say sorry my Thunder and exchange to GLOBAL....:hail:

lckyforme

Reaction score
Calibration

Well, I have did all of the steps for the calibration, so I will see how that goes. At my VZ I can return within 3 days without paying a 35$ restock fee, so Sunday is my deciding day. I hope this has helped the battery and I will ge that battery app, because I really love the phone in general.

Lisa

scaner

Reaction score
Well, I have did all of the steps for the calibration, so I will see how that goes. At my VZ I can return within 3 days without paying a 35$ restock fee, so Sunday is my deciding day. I hope this has helped the battery and I will ge that battery app, because I really love the phone in general.

Lisa

The phone is good fast..but one kiling is a batery life..its kill me..im will be wait alitlle bit and nothing changes...i will be exchange my phone...i hope HTC make a update to fix this problem..:greendroid:

MadScientist

Reaction score
Honestly I'm not sure what the issues with the batteries are. My wife's is doing fine and mine is as follows: Since Unplugged - 10:31, Awake Time - 7:42, 25% battery remaining, Display 80%, Droid forums 8%, Cell Standby 4%, System 3% Phone idle 3%, Wifi 2%. I've been back and forth on wifi and 3G today running on the stock battery. I've done mostly surfing the forums but also I've done some streaming of video from Japan tsunami as well. I really couldn't be happier with a stock battery considering the power of this phone and the fact that it's a smart phone. I've even had the GPS on all day as well (obviously it's actually been used sparingly based on programs need). I'm guessing it's just going to take people some time to see what they need/want for updating data for each program and such but I hope some don't make a rash decision based on one or two bad days of battery use.

stevenas

Reaction score
Day 1: Charged as soon as I got it. 15% after 4 hours. I was using the s--t out of it though. A little worried.
Day 2: Wake up, take it off charger. Normal use (a few calls, alot of txting, some pandora and youtube, but not downloading apps) - Got about 1/3 left after 8 hours.

This might not be so bad. Time will tell.

geoff5093

Reaction score
17 hours @ 20%

Unplugged it at 7AM this morning, used it lightly, drove around in quite a bit of low signal area, made a few phone calls, lots of texts, some facebook use, mobile hotspot, and took a few photos. It's now almost midnight and still at 20%.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Today isn't going so well for me. I charged it around 1 pm sine I forgot to charge it last night. I unplugged it around 3 with the green light on. At 8 I went for a 30 min drive and plugged it into the car. I'm now at 45% and dropping fast. I lost 5% heating up some dinner with it in my pocket.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

want a droid

Reaction score
Here's today:

Wake up
11:30am: Unplugged phone at 100%
4:30pm: Plugged phone in at 30%
4:30pm-6:15pm: Charged from 30%-100%
6:15pm: Unplugged phone at 100%
9:45pm: Plugged phone in at 30%
9:45pm-11:15pm: Charged from 30% to 100%
11:15pm: Unplugged phone at 100%
1:00am: Plugged phone in at 50%
Plugged phone in about to go to bed

or

100% to 30% in 5 hours
Re-charged in 1 hour and 45 minutes
100% to 30% in 3 hours and 30 minutes
Re-charged in 1 hour and 30 minutes
100% to 50% in 1 hour and 45 minutes

I leave Auto-Sync off, screen brightness on Automatic, and I am a “medium” user. I text a bit with my girlfriend, browse Facebook and twitter lightly (refresh every once in a while), and also check my email every once in a while.

slinky

Reaction score
My experience so far is no better and possibly worse than the Incredible, which sets the bar for mediocre battery life. This is going to be a major challenge and I don't want to carry around the extended battery every day.

Snow02

Reaction score
And realize it may take a couple days to break in. After the first couple of days, let it run all the way down until it does one time and charge it to 100 while off. That should help better calibrate it.

But yeah, with a 1400 mAh battery, it's only going to get so good. I maintain the manufacturers know this and tend not to include larger batteries for cost reasons and to sell extended batteries. Can't blame them I guess. Still sucks.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Does anyone think that turning off the sound features would help battery life? Go to settings ---> sounds ---> incoming calls the in pocket sensor, turning over sensor, etc???

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App