Tips to Help Improve Battery Life on ThunderBolt

Over on Android central. A lot of people are having issues with fast boot not working. I'm one of them. It's never worked for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

On a happier note, I've started using my Seidio 1600 extended battery. I was getting about 21 hours total on my stock one when I took it out to put this one in. While it is still currently in the process of calibrating fully, it has been 34 hours since I unplugged it and I still have 32% remaining (estimated at about 16 hours left, but probably a couple hours less if I use it a lot tonight). Light-moderate use: games, checking email, texts, calls, browsing, market, personalizing, streaming Pandora and Audiogalaxy, WiFi, GPS, auto-sync, and background data all turned on (I actually turned a lot of features back on now that I know I can get through a whole day pretty easily). Not in a 4G area, and not heavy or extended use (I probably use my phone much less than a lot of people in here, and I don't have a ton of stuff to sync or pull data), but it wasn't just sitting there on the desk or in my pocket the entire time either (except overnight and part of yesterday). I must just be in the lucky minority of people who have been surprised by how much better its doing than I anticipated.

Last edited:
On a happier note, I've started using my Seidio 1600 extended battery. I was getting about 21 hours total on my stock one when I took it out to put this one in. While it is still currently in the process of calibrating fully, it has been 34 hours since I unplugged it and I still have 32% remaining (estimated at about 16 hours left, but probably a couple hours less if I use it a lot tonight). Light-moderate use: games, checking email, texts, calls, browsing, market, personalizing, streaming Pandora and Audiogalaxy, WiFi, GPS, auto-sync, and background data all turned on (I actually turned a lot of features back on now that I know I can get through a whole day pretty easily). Not in a 4G area, and not heavy or extended use (I probably use my phone much less than a lot of people in here, and I don't have a ton of stuff to sync or pull data), but it wasn't just sitting there on the desk or in my pocket the entire time either (except overnight and part of yesterday). I must just be in the lucky minority of people who have been surprised by how much better its doing than I anticipated.

This battery is very nice. Time will tell in the long run.

This battery is very nice. Time will tell in the long run.

Yeah, I definitely need a couple more days to get more accurate readings, but it looks promising. I just hope it doesn't degrade faster than the stock one would, like aftermarket batteries are rumored to. I really did not think it would give that much of a bump over the stock one, as its only 200mAh more and I read an article that said aftermarket battery companies often overstate the capacity. It seems to be doing the trick so far though, without that fugly hump that prevents using any accessories!

I just reset my phone and lost 5%, meh. The battery lasts over 12 hours now so I can't complain. I'm at 77% right now with 3 hours of moderate use including texting, camera and bright display.

Some of us are gonna need that CAMEL HUMP!

My phone isn't doing too great and I turned 4G off, brightness completely low. Although under 50% I noticed it does a LOT better than when it's above 80%.

Do you guys have FAST BOOT on or off under applications? Mine is unchecked.

I just reset my phone and lost 5%, meh. The battery lasts over 12 hours now so I can't complain. I'm at 77% right now with 3 hours of moderate use including texting, camera and bright display.

I lost 9 earlier. And also gained 30 when I restarted during charging. haha

I think the phone info app might be causing problems with my phone, idk. I lost service today earlier after restarting it, and when I went from CDMA auto to LTE+CDMA it stayed on 1X and kept giving me no internet (but full service)

I also noticed a 5% drop after powering off/on or resetting, probably even more than that. I'll try to only do that now when I have access to a charger, definitely not when I'm out at night or something.

Some of us are gonna need that CAMEL HUMP!

My phone isn't doing too great and I turned 4G off, brightness completely low. Although under 50% I noticed it does a LOT better than when it's above 80%.

Do you guys have FAST BOOT on or off under applications? Mine is unchecked.

Yeah, I feel for the people who are going to try to use this as both a business and a personal phone. I think it was designed to appeal to such a wide audience and it does so much that business folks will suffer if they travel a lot or have meetings all day where they need to use it a lot and can't really stop to charge it. I think that is the one area where Blackberry still has a niche (and is saving it from going under, at least for the time being).

I also noticed that it drains faster at first after unplugging, then gets better after that. I think that is fairly typical for smartphones/batteries though from what I have read, I wouldn't think too much of it.

I have my fastboot unchecked in power settings, I've tried both and haven't really noticed any difference yet.

It's weird because before under 4G even when not using it the battery was draining every 3-4 mins at least one percent. Under use, it was draining quick. But just before I left it at 46%, kept checking every min cause I've become kind of obsessed with it and it stayed that much.

Also, regarding the "bump method" where u shut off your phone, charge it again until green and turn it on. Can't you just let your phone charge for an additional 30 mins or so after green to get the same effect?

I made it 11hours today all on 4G with moderate use including some logmein use (remote desktop) so I am extremely pleased...:)

sent via ThunderBolt

If you're worried about battery life, the best advice I can give you is to put a widget on the home screen or another widget for wifi and data network,this way you can turn on 4g only when you need to use it. Turn off the data network and always leave on wifi. Your phone will notify you when a network is available. Using wifi using virtually no battery life compared to using 3g/4g. I have been doing this for month and have never had my phone die on me.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

Someone please help me, I. Unplugged my phone at 730 this morning and its ten percent at 4:09

I have juice defender on so that it turns my signal off when the screen is off, I have start up cleaner, brightness all the way down, I turned off the syncing apps, I bump charged my battery, I turn offf data all together almost eighty percent of the time I use this device. I don't evenly heavily use it, most I do is listen to music for 3 hours, send a couple texts, browse the forums and make about two phone calls and my batter is dying so fast, what should I do? I have to 1400 HTC standard stock batteries and a couple bucks to throw around to get something better, please please help me

Departed from the Stratosphere

Back