tiny bionic

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol just thought I would post a pic of my bionic next to my note 2 xD come on moto lets make the Droid Titan (rumor as of now) like the note 2

20121110_132241.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Droid Forums

BigZig

Reaction score
Some would argue that bigger is not always better. IMO I do like the larger screen phablets but other people feel that they are to large to put in their pockets or it feels akward holding such a large device to their ears. The market is moving towards these types of devices so it will not be long untill every manufacturer has this type of device.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
BigZig said:
Some would argue that bigger is not always better. IMO I do like the larger screen phablets but other people feel that they are to large to put in their pockets or it feels akward holding such a large device to their ears. The market is moving towards these types of devices so it will not be long untill every manufacturer has this type of device.

True I would say its at its limit any bigger an it would be awkward

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Droid Forums

LBrooks

Reaction score
IMO I do like the larger screen phablets ... but other people feel that they are to large to put in their pockets or it feels akward holding such a large device to their ears. The market is moving towards these types of devices so it will not be long untill every manufacturer has this type of device.
People like you - people like me - I also like the larger phablets ... I'm diggin' the bigger screens without havign to carry / use a tablet ...
Some would argue that bigger is not always better. ... but other people feel that they are to large to put in their pockets or it feels akward holding such a large device to their ears.
As far as the "holding it up to the ear" issue - since I've had a smartphone with a 'larger screen' (the Bionic - yeah I know) ... I've had it up to my ear maybe 3? 5? times ... I'm one of those goobers wearing a headpiece when I use the phone (*only* when I use the phone, tyvm) - hate the earpieces! hate the way they look! BUT - for conveniece? Can't beat it ... So *that* particular issue isn't one for me ...

dfcfu342

Reaction score
I think the "phablets" are right at the perfect size for my larger hands. Even the Bionic feels smallish to me I always feel like I have to squeeze it or I'll drop it, I can't just hold it. But any bigger than 5.5 inches and its just too big to be reasonable for daily use.

diablo81588

Reaction score
I think the "phablets" are right at the perfect size for my larger hands. Even the Bionic feels smallish to me I always feel like I have to squeeze it or I'll drop it, I can't just hold it. But any bigger than 5.5 inches and its just too big to be reasonable for daily use.

That's what everyone said when 4.3" screens became popular. I personally can't stand any larger than 4.3, because complete one handed use is impossible. I'm not taking both hands off the wheel to find a new song to play :p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

mehimatt

Reaction score
That thing is huge.personally if I wanted something that big I would just buy the iPad mini or the nexus tablet

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Think the future of Phablets will be interesting. Guess if you are going to have a single device, not a bad concept. I bought an ASUS Infinity tablet about 2 months ago. The first week (was right after the ICS ota), I kept finding myself going back to my Bionic to do things. In the past few weeks, totally the opposite, I use my tablet (which I upgraded to Jelly Bean) almost exclusively and take calls, or, text on my phone. Granted, I need internet access, but not usually a problem. When I do not have not have internet access, I turn to my Bionic. Btw, I did figure out how to tether :) Right at the time I bought the tablet, I was ready to take the plunge on a new phone, was seriously considering the Samsung Galaxy S3,because of the larger screen size. As time passes, I am finding that my Bionic more than meets my needs! The small size of the Bionic and the comfortable size of the Infinity tablet offers great flexibility. Of course, being somewhat of a gadget freak, I suspect when the newness of the tablet wears off, I'll still jump on a new phone. Naaah, on aecond thought, it would be hard to leave this great forum! Go get yourself a tablet ;-)