Time error

antennafarms

Reaction score
My droid is 15 seconds fast as compared to WWV, cell system and GPS. I can manually set it to a time standard but within a few minutes it will reset itset. All my other cell phones are right on with all time standards. Anyone else seen this?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have a Breitling for telling time....

Does 15seconds matter?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
maybe all your other cell phones are slow? j/k i can't imagine what/why that would be...

OP
A

antennafarms

Reaction score
It's the engineer in me. If the internal clock is off then what else my not be quite right?

JayMonster

Reaction score
It is NOT the internal clock. The reason it may be off (and the reason it continues to go back even after you change it), is that the phone gets its time from the VZW network.

So, if it is in fact wrong, the problem is VZW and not the Droid specifically.

OP
A

antennafarms

Reaction score
I considered that. All my other Verizon phones are accurate as are the limited number of others I looked at. Also another Droid at the Verizon store disagreed with mine. I have resisted doing a reset but I may try that in the end.

It isn't a problem just an annoyance. I think I'm a chronophile (or something like that).

jaycemil

Reaction score
I had the same annoyance and found this thread. For posterity's sake, I thought I'd post the reason this is. The CDMA networks run off GPS which is absolute whereas UTC takes into account leap seconds to keep it lined up with solar time. The difference at the moment is roughly 15 seconds.

Leap second - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia