Thunders battery

Jacob9424

Reaction score
So I may get this phone over the droid bionic because it looks easier to use, but I hate the power of the battery they are giving it. Does anyone know of a good place that may sell good extended batterys for it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Jacob9424

Jacob9424

Reaction score
Lol I'm probably going to be one of the many idiots that will wait till the phone comes out and have to wait months to get a device. Or should I pre order it from bestbuy? Is it worth getting over the bionic?

Wadzii

Reaction score
spending 200-250 on a phone then having to dump another 100+ into it just so the phone lasts through the day is retarded.

Why can every other phone mfr design a phone that will run 18+ hrs on a charge but htc cant?

want a droid

Reaction score
spending 200-250 on a phone then having to dump another 100+ into it just so the phone lasts through the day is retarded.

Why can every other phone mfr design a phone that will run 18+ hrs on a charge but htc cant?

My Moto Droid 2's standard battery only lasted 5 or 6 hrs.

I know for a fact there are an abundance of poor battery complaints all over this site for Moto Droids.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

sidsixseven

Reaction score
I'm interested in the thicker extended battery that comes with the new cover. I have thick hands, so within reason, I'm not so worried about weight or pocketspace. But how thick are we talking about? Paperback book thick? That's too thick.

Also, will the new cover interfere with the kickstand or camera? I haven't seen any images of the thicker battery and cover.

Last edited:
OP
Jacob9424

Jacob9424

Reaction score
I'm interested in the thicker extended battery that comes with the new cover. I have thick hands, so within reason, I'm not so worried about weight or pocketspace. But how thick are we talking about? Paperback book thick? That's too thick.

Also, will the new cover interfere with the kickstand or camera? I haven't seen any images of the thicker battery and cover.

Again good question...the kickstand is one of the things I'm looking forward to about this phone.

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
I am definitely buying the Thunderbolt. As a general rule, I buy an extra battery for my phones for those times when I'm away from power sources for extended periods of time. Regardless of what you may have heard about the battery life of the TB, it appears the newer smartphones just demand more juice and adding 4G will only make it worse. I already bought a spare battery and might add another, but what I would REALLY LOVE to see is this for the TB batteries:

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/enlarge.html?http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/cellphoneshop_2149_587493991

If anyone finds one available, please post it here!

OP
Jacob9424

Jacob9424

Reaction score
I am definitely buying the Thunderbolt. As a general rule, I buy an extra battery for my phones for those times when I'm away from power sources for extended periods of time. Regardless of what you may have heard about the battery life of the TB, it appears the newer smartphones just demand more juice and adding 4G will only make it worse. I already bought a spare battery and might add another, but what I would REALLY LOVE to see is this for the TB batteries:

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/enlarge.html?http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/cellphoneshop_2149_587493991

If anyone finds one available, please post it here!

Yeah my walmart sells these usb chargers that you plug in at night and during the day when you need power you just plug it in and iit charges the battery from its battery. I thought it was crap so I didn't buy it but friend says it works well.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I bought one of these back when I was using an HTC Touch Pro but the TP didn't like something about the voltage or the signal and it would make it lock up. I have since purchased a Zagg Sparq 2.0 and it has worked phenomenally. I travel quite a bit and carry the Sparq instead of a travel charger. It will charge devices while it is plugged in also.

bladerealm124

Reaction score
I looked into the Zaggsparq and found several bad reviews for both the original Zaggsparq and the Zaggsparq 2.0. Apparently they both lose their charge over a period of time and are pretty bad quality compared to other battery backups. However, I'm going to be getting one of these with my Thunderbolt: Amazon.com: New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack and Charger for iPad, iPhone 4 4G 3Gs 3G (AT&T and verizon) , iPod Touch (1G 2G 3G 4G), HTC Android EVO, Blackberry, Kindle DX, Samsung Galaxy S, Droid, Nintendo, Sony PSP and much 11000mAh and nothing but great reviews.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm currently four resistor and two capacitor solders into building a Solar Minty Boost. I haven't finalized the packaging but I'll end up with a solar-charger for all my USB-powered devices with a 2700mAH LiIon backup battery in a package not much bigger than a large peanut-butter and jelly sandwich. I can dramatically increase the battery backup simply by replacing the 2700mAh battery with a larger capacity battery.

Good times!

This is so going to rock on long-distance bicycle rides with the GPS and some tunes...:icon_ banana: