nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Does anyone know what the deal is with these battery charger packages being offered all over ebay?

There are all these Hong Kong based companies selling 3 batteries and a charger for <$10.

Is this a scam?

Has anyone purchased these?

thunderbolt battery | eBay

they also have extended life battery combos for way cheaper than sidio.

Also do you think 1700 is really going to make that much of a difference compared to 1500?

genebopp

Reaction score
I bought them. The chargers are great, the batteries am still on the fence about. My original battery definitely lasts longer, but it is the one that I have used most. Honestly, I have so many of the $3 batteries I had to number them and don't think that I have used one of the cheapies for a whole week yet.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I purchased a battery / wall charger combo. The charger is fine the battery though is at best average. Lasting usually 2-3hrs less than my stock. But for $10, it will do till I decide what my next phone will be.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Be careful - I know of two people who bought what was advertised as a 1700mah battery and it was 1500 at best when they got it. So, they're "kinda" scams, but some still work...

Graymayre

Reaction score
I've got 2 extra OEM batteries, one brand new.
Got them from with new replacement phones from Asurion. About to have another when I get my replacement D2G.
If anyone is interested.
Also got an otterbox commuter for Droid, almost new. Got it right before I got the D2G.

Not advertising...just saying if anyone is interested, you wouldn't have to worry about them being cheapies.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

cenobite

Reaction score
I've been looking into these as well. I'm not really worried so much about them being better than the stock battery, I just want a couple spares around to swap out if I'm getting low at work. My concern is: can they harm my phone at all? For $10, three batteries would be nice, one at home, one at work, one in the car as backups even if they only last 5-6 hours would be fine.

Thoughts on if we're risking harm to the phone with these, or are they fine as fall-backs?

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I haven't. Had any issues with my phone at all. The knockoff batteries just don't last as long. I haven't heard anything about them damaging your phone though.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I'd get a second battery if it wasn't so darned difficult taking off the back cover. I feel like I'm going to break the thing. I've only taken it off once and I can see that if I did it regularly the back plastic notches will wear away.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
There was someone who checked the mah with battery monitor widget, and it showed 1350mah on the supposed 1700mah. Still a good deal though.

Sent from the hand of zeus!

Graymayre

Reaction score
I've been looking into these as well. I'm not really worried so much about them being better than the stock battery, I just want a couple spares around to swap out if I'm getting low at work. My concern is: can they harm my phone at all? For $10, three batteries would be nice, one at home, one at work, one in the car as backups even if they only last 5-6 hours would be fine.

Thoughts on if we're risking harm to the phone with these, or are they fine as fall-backs?

You have to keep in mind that the battery is one of the two greatest creators of heat, along with the processor. It can be difficult to maintain temp during heavy use, such as overclocking, flashing, nandroid, installing roms, wick tether, and games. Most of the things we do with our Droids. I wont put anything but an OEM battery in mine because I know using inferior batteries carries alot of risk of damage to the phone due to voltage regulation failure, leaking due to inferior casing that could break due to a drop, and overheating that can even lead to explosion. A little extreme, I know, but I have had a phone that was melted due to a battery. And that was OEM, and I will never buy another Kyocera again (now known as HTC for those who didn't know).
Im sure many eyes popped at that last one, though I'm sure they are redeeming themselves under the new name.

BTW, got my new D2G last night and so far haven't had any signal issues again, wish me luck!

Graymayre

Reaction score
I must retract my statement about Kyocera's relation to HTC. I looked into it and found that it is highly inaccurate and based on hearsay. I apologize to anyone who was misinformed by this.
I still loathe Kyocera devices though.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I use them strictly for backup. As long as you don't plan on depending on them for extended use, I think you'll be happy with the purchase.

Sent from mah TBolt using teh Tapatalk.