Thunderbolt will not charge fully

badmeat

Reaction score
I'm rooted, running BAMF 1.0.8 as of yesterday. Part of the reason that I rooted my phone and chose to run this ROM is that the extended battery would only charge between 60-80% overnight. I rooted in order to do the battery calibration, but unfortunately, after rooting and buying the HTC Rezound battery, I'm in the same spot. Charged the phone, powered off, for the first time, turn it on, and it's at 79%. It seems as though my phone stops charging at 4000mv, according to the battery calibration app. I've read that a fully charged battery, regardless of the size, should be around 4200mv.

I have tried re-calibrating the battery, powering off and charging....still the same result.

Can anyone direct some insight so that I can fix my phone?

OP
B

badmeat

Reaction score
Update-
Still cannot charge to 100% and the battery has been thru roughly 8 cycles. I ordered an external wall charger, so hopefully that charges the battery to 100%, then I can pop it in the phone at 100% and calibrate the battery.

Any ideas why my battery reporting looks like this:

20111127234809.png

It appears the stats aren't resetting when its plugged in...?

thunderboltsucks

Reaction score
I have the same problem

It just started happening 2 days ago, it took 5hours to charge 20%. At first I thought it was the battery, so I switched it to another spare one I have and it is still the same. I tried charging it on the external wall charger, it charged full to 100%, so it is the problem of the phone not the battery. This sucks cause every time I attempt to open the back cover, it breaks my nails...:angry:

Please let me know if anyone has a solution.

OP
B

badmeat

Reaction score
Did you calibrate the battery after inserting it into the phone at 100% ?

OP
B

badmeat

Reaction score
Battery Calibration app. Do a search on it, and keep in mind, you must be rooted to use the app