Thunderbolt use other country sim card issue ... need help

richie215

Reaction score
Hi All:

I bought a thunderbolt from internet last week. After i got the phone i use my sim card (support wcdma and evdo) provided by "Asia Pacific Broadband Wireless" in Taiwan, but it could get any signal even cell signal. I have freshed android from 2.2 to 2.3.4 include attached radio rom, but it still fail.Would anyone kindly help me to solve this problem? I have seen other person have the same phone with the same card as mime, and it worked perfect. So would anyone give me a favor? Thanks...

silver6054

Reaction score
Hi All:

I bought a thunderbolt from internet last week. After i got the phone i use my sim card (support wcdma and evdo) provided by "Asia Pacific Broadband Wireless" in Taiwan, but it could get any signal even cell signal. I have freshed android from 2.2 to 2.3.4 include attached radio rom, but it still fail.Would anyone kindly help me to solve this problem? I have seen other person have the same phone with the same card as mime, and it worked perfect. So would anyone give me a favor? Thanks...

I am surprised that this worked for anyone! As far as I know, this phone is CDMA (for EVDO) and the sim is LTE, not GSM/WCDMA so using another sim won't work. But maybe someone knows more

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

johnd09

Reaction score
Would not think it would work Thunderbolt SIM has nothing to do with CDMA or EV-DO. The sim only affects LTE and eHRPD which are both for data.

mafiafan123

Reaction score
As far as I know Verizon is pretty locked down :icon_eek: hats off to you if you get it to work