Thunderbolt screen just cracked - what to replace it with

sierrapup

Reaction score
Screen on my hubby's Thunderbolt just cracked. He can chose from the following: Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G, Droid 4, Samsung Strotosphere 4G, LG Lucid, or LG Spectrum (these are the free replacement choices for now until he can upgrad later) Any advice on which to go with?

Thanks in advance : )

Amy

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I go with DROID 4 .
Lg spectrum was slow to me when i test it out.. lg is only good thing they do is put specs. Lg Most of their phone problematic.

Life isnt good with lg.

Galaxy nexus would be next phone, i recommended. That if he want a phone with google latest greatest os update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung stratosphere was slow phone as i had it before it got stolen.

Even though it have 512 mb of ram it seem slower then fascinate i had.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

destin246

Reaction score
I would go with the droid4 as well. I've heard it was a great phone.

pogibry

Reaction score
I haven't done research on the droid 4 yet, but from what I have seen, the Nexus is a slick phone that everybody loves. I'd say a toss-up between those two, IMO.

JRParsons

Reaction score
The Droid 4 has a smaller screen than his thunderbolt, but it has the keyboard. If the keyboard is important to him go that way. If not, I would definitely lean towards the nexus. I went from the thunderbolt to the stratosphere and had a hard time adjusting to the smaller screen. (someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I think the stratosphere has the same size screen as the D4). As stated above, the Stratosphere is really slow. I have no experience with LG smartphones but I have not heard good things.
Also coming from the Thunderbolt skin (sense) Motorola phones take a lot of getting used to, if he liked his thunderbolt I doubt he will like the way the D4 operates. I had a Bionic for the while and I never really got used to motoblur. (that's really just personal opinion, he may like it, a lot of people do)
Lastly, the Nexus has Google's latest operating system (the D4 should get it soon though).

Coming from a thunderbolt, if he could talk them into a Rezound, I think that would be his best choice. (It's HTC's successor to the Thunderbolt)

OP
S

sierrapup

Reaction score
Droid Charge is also an option (I have the Bionic and love it - he just doesn't want the same phone as me cause they're too easy to mix up)

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
yes but droid 4 like droid 3 have higher resolution 960 x540 qhd and it have dual core unlike stratosphere. For some release Samsung made touchwiz ui slower on 512 mb phone on stratosphere then on samsung galaxy s-fascinate with 384 mb.

The Droid 4 has a smaller screen than his thunderbolt, but it has the keyboard. If the keyboard is important to him go that way. If not, I would definitely lean towards the nexus. I went from the thunderbolt to the stratosphere and had a hard time adjusting to the smaller screen. (someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I think the stratosphere has the same size screen as the D4). As stated above, the Stratosphere is really slow. I have no experience with LG smartphones but I have not heard good things.
Also coming from the Thunderbolt skin (sense) Motorola phones take a lot of getting used to, if he liked his thunderbolt I doubt he will like the way the D4 operates. I had a Bionic for the while and I never really got used to motoblur. (that's really just personal opinion, he may like it, a lot of people do)
Lastly, the Nexus has Google's latest operating system (the D4 should get it soon though).

Coming from a thunderbolt, if he could talk them into a Rezound, I think that would be his best choice. (It's HTC's successor to the Thunderbolt)

Last edited:

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I wouldn't want to give him a old phone. if he doesnt care much about the os, then yes on droid charge. if not get him Droid 4 it faster then your bionic and it basicly the same as droid razr minus the 4.3 to 4.0 inch ratio and super amoled plus the droid razr have.

Droid Charge is also an option (I have the Bionic and love it - he just doesn't want the same phone as me cause they're too easy to mix up)

Last edited:

dl1762

Reaction score
Are you getting phone replaced via insurance or they are just going to replace it ?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

diablo81588

Reaction score

Do not get a charge. Its slow as hell and will never get another update. I'd say go with the Droid 4. They won't offer you a RAZR? Its the same price as a Droid 4 if i remember right, has a better screen, and lacks the useless physical keyboard.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Galaxy Nexus, I envy your situation.

Verizon makes the pure Google experience not so pure, but rooted, I mean you could have JellyBean on it!

forumjunkie44

Reaction score
Don't get the charge! Worst phone ever. 328 mb of ram very laggy and sloooooooow. Absolute junk.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums