ThunderBolt Randomly Rebooting??!

Reaction score
Yes i have been running the Das BAMF 1.4 Rom for quite a while with the Droid 1.8 Kernal and have not had any issues at all. Then recently starting about a week ago, I am getting random reboots. For example, sometimes when Im on a call, my phone will reboot back to the HTC screen or If i try to load up my music and play something, sometimes it reboots. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?? Any info will help

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
What do you have the cpu clocked at? Might try bumping it down some, or even try a different kernel. If that doesnt do it for you, i would just try wiping data/cache and reloading DasBamf or try out another ROM.

Weird that it did okay for a while, and just started rebooting.

OP
powerstrokeit73
Reaction score
I have the Setcpu set at on demand. min-245 max-1800..which kernel do u recommend for this Rom im using?

gatewayad

Reaction score
I agree with above set your max at whatever you can get close to 1.5 and see if that helps. Make sure and also do if for your profiles if you have any of them setup.

sk8

Reaction score
Drods kernels are solid , so are adrynlanes , the reboots you're experiencing is due to the overclocking speeds. IMO and most peoples around here is setting you oc that high is stupid.

sent from a sweet paper weight.

SwaggerJacker

Reaction score
I'm running DB 1.3 and getting random reboots with included kernel. tried other roms with no reboots. Went back to DB and reboots are back. Clock speed didn't matter for me. I love this rom more than any other. I was going to try 1.4 but then read this. All phones are different and may not behave the same with the same software installed. Hopefully I can find a cure. This Dev is my fav.

Duke

Staveandor

Reaction score
@Swagger,

DB may not be the problem; it may be the kernel included. Like the other posters have said, try switching kernels. I'm not rooted (yet) on my TB, but my OG had problems using any of the Raidzero kernels, but ran beautifully with the P3 kernels.

Try switching from DB to Adrynalyne's kernel, or another source, using DF, XDA, or Kernal Manager for a source... and try to find one clocked moderately, or with different governors. Smartass is supposed to run nicely on the TB.

SwaggerJacker

Reaction score
I'm running 1.4 with no problems so far. Flashed it last nite.

Sent from my ADR6400L

mkjellgren

Reaction score
The reboots are definitely caused by the kernel. Honestly, 1.8ghz is WAY too high for most people to run on a daily basis. It might be the speed, it might be the voltage, but in one way or another your phone can't handle that combination under heavy load. Try a different kernel, adrynalynes are great and are offered in low and stock voltage versions if your phone can't handle low voltages at high clock speeds. Every phone is different so you just have to figure out what works best for you. And to the person being scared away from bamf due to reports of reboot, maybe try a current version rather than reverting to 1.3... 1.5 was released last night and is based off of the leaked ruu and radio update.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

SwaggerJacker

Reaction score
I've never run my phone at 1.8. That's overkill for me. My phone is very Stable right now. I'll flash 1.5 in a few days. I'll read the change log and see what it offers.
Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L

bisco3214

Reaction score
Apparently the random reboots are due to the new ruu. I'm running bamf 1.5 and have had quite a few reboots. By the way, I am only overclocked to 1.4.