Thunderbolt random shutdown

tkdghk0831

Reaction score
I had thunderbolt for almost a year now and i had no issue related to this until the last month or so...

Regardless of the battery life, my phone shuts down itself, and when i try to turn it back on, it only has <10% left...

First i thought the battery indicator might be showing the wrong percentage of battery, but i found it turns off itself even with charger plugged in..

Just in case you guys need to know, Im rooted and Im running on dasBAMF forever (sense3.0) rom.

I think this issue is pretty common within thunderbolt users like me.. is there any solution to it?? THIS IS VERY VERY ANNOYING!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Same here on my wifes thunderbolt. It hot reboots turn freezes then reboots after like 15 minutes. Her phone is stock non rooted. Would also like to know a potential fix for this!

OP
tkdghk0831

tkdghk0831

Reaction score
My poor guessing is that.. i have a stock 1400mah battery and a 1700mah texcell battery bought on amazon, which i use them alternately..

And i THINK the problem occurs only when im using the trexcell battery.. its been like 4 months since i bought it..

Even earlier today when i was outside using it, the battery was completely useless even with charger plugged..
After the random shutdown, it kept shutting down itself even with charger..

I let it charge turned off for 20 minutes, and then turned on. It seemed okay then. But after like 30 minutes of use WITH charger, i took it out.
And I was surprised to see it saying only have 1% of battery and it shutdown itself again... I was using trexcell battery then.

Now at home, changed to the stock htc battery, I dont see any problem yet while I'm typing this..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Yea that could be. My wife don't have anything extra/different on hers. Its like it came out of the box but with apps on it. Any ideas? Does the thunderbolt have a stock recovery that I could get to and clear cache? I know my bionic does but I don't know anything about thunderbolts.