Thunderbolt Question / Situation (App Data Backup and Camera) *READ WHOLE OP*

Rayzor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
So I'm working with a good friend's Thunderbolt. His camera blinks on and off. Basically, closes and opens when you open the application. Obviously, there's a problem with that so I did wipe the data and turned off the Geo-Locator and the Auto-Focus and still have the same problem. Sometimes less intermittent as previously, but still happening. So I did read that a hard reset would probably fix the issue, but he wants his applications backed up. I know that in order to use Titanium Backup, you must be rooted and I did collect a thread on how to root it and downloaded everything here. I'm wondering if I should just root it and backup his apps via Titanium Backup or there is another way on how to backup the application "DATA." I know someone is going to post MyBackup Pro, but I do believe it only backs up the actual applications and we're not trying to purchase an application. If it's the last resort, I'll wind up getting it. I'm looking to somehow pull the data from the phone and back it up some way, shape, or form. Please post back ASAP for anyone that might know. Thank you.

turdbogls

Reaction score
titanium is the only way i know of to do this. if there is another way, i would love to hear about it just in case i ever need to clear out my wifes phone.

OP
R

Rayzor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Well to root the Thunderbolt, you have to be on a certain software and he's not on it. He's on 1.13, not 1.12. Now I need to know how to go from there. Some feedback would be wonderful guys.

OP
R

Rayzor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Bump. Would seriously love an answer to this. I found a method but it wipes the phone down. I'm trying to back up his apps. So if there is another method just to back up the applications, please let me know.

Well it's good to see that the Thunderbolt section is so active. Anyways, I've solved the problem on my own and it seems that only rooting the phone gets the access to backup application data. This thread can be closed.