Thunderbolt power button?

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
How do we, as a community, get Verizon to make this right?

Uh, since HTC is the company that manufactured the phone, isn't it HTC's problem to fix? All Verizon can do is keep replacing the phone. If the phone was designed and manufactured with a crappy button, how can Verizon fix it for you?

When the XBox 360 was plagued with the red ring of death problem, was it Best Buy, or Target, or Toys R Us, or Gamestop's responsibility to repair it for you?

We, as customers need to complain to the dealer, Verizon.
Verizon, as the lead distributor of this phone needs to demand a fixed batch from HTC for customer replacements. When you buy something that turns out to be junk, don't you go back to where you bought it?
The dealers are the only ones that hold any sway over the manufacturer.

Unfortunately what we minorities consider to be a issue, there just isn't a enough of us to get Verizon to act. My power button feels but then again I cam fromt he OG, we it was a solid button. Sometimes when I press it in, I here a clicking/crackling sound, but nevertheless the power but works as it's suppose to.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Chances are as long as us super picky people don't keep playing with the button to see if it will malfuction, we'll eventually forget about it, accept it and move on. But if we keep thinking about it, it will eat at us.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Are you guys/gals really having a problem with the power button? Sure it is mushy but it seems to me to be working as described without a problem. I've had my phone since release date and I've used it every day. It's a bit disconcerting coming from Droid 1's strong power button but I've gotten used to it.

I'm almost with you on that one, I'm still getting use to the crackling sound I hear, but it works as described.

Zetsumei

Reaction score
I'm on my 5th Thunderbolt now. I should of thorughly checked the phone at verizon, but on this one the volume rockers are stuck and make an annoying popping noise since the side bezel isn't sealed down proplery and the volume rocker is so stiff when doing volume down. I would expect that from a referb phone, but not from a BRAND new phone activated right infront of my face at the store. It's pretty bad rep for HTC/VZW imo.

Reaction score
My suggestion would be to search around on Amazon.com and other places for cases that have a power and volume buttons actually built into the case.

here's an example: seidioonline.com

While it's not out yet, you can see in the screen shots the case has it's own power and volume button. If my replacement has an issue, I'll be picking this up as the fix. Hopefully.

BGKris

Reaction score
I have the same issue, I walked into my verizon store and I have a replacement coming. Hopefully this one is better. I didn't notice the problem until I threw away my cheap rubber case,image how many other people have this problem and don't even realize.