Annoyances fixed in newer Thunderbolts

trevorx3

Reaction score
I got the Thunderbolt on day one. Loved it but had 2 issues. The call earpiece sounded really static like and that the power and the volume rockers were really mushy.

I just went in today and exchanged it because of the static in the earpiece and was pleasantly surprised to find that the new rockers are more solid and have a satisfying click (although not audible, it is noticeable), and the power button protrudes from the top more allowing me to find easier. It also has a slight bit of a click instead of being mushy.

I mention the above because all of the reviews I've read have mentioned the mushy buttons.

Just my 2 cents. I'm very very happy with this phone now.

Protip: I found that my kickstand was taking some wear fairly quickly in both landscape and portrait so I borrowed some clear nail paint from my lady friend and coated the places where most of the weight rests. Now the nail polish will wear away and not the finish on the metal.

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Lucky you. Those of us that bought it near release date are screwed w/ CLNR. But that's the risk when buying initial release of a new phone, but tbh we shouldn't have to be the companies guinea pigs.