Thunderbolt GPS fix?

kevins686

Reaction score
When I try to use my Google Navigation (the one with the blue arrowhead, not the VZ Navigator), it keeps "searching for GPS " and won't lock on. I've heard this is a common issue for TB owners . . . is there consensus one what's the best fix?

johnd09

Reaction score
Supposed to come with the maintenance update next week. If you download GPS Status app from the market go to menu-tools-manage a gps state- reset then go back and select download, this will help for a while.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

Last edited:

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Power off your phone. Pull battery and LTE card. Replace and reboot.

ridin the lightning

MrKleen

Reaction score
You can also install the MR2 radio now if you wanted.

Kid A

Reaction score

ridin the lightning

The ignorant people at the Verizon store told me to do that. Didn't work.

I love how "pull the battery" is their automatic to any problem.

Get the GPS Status app, completely solved the issue for me. My phone locks onto the signal almost instantly now.

Natey2

Reaction score
If you download GPS Status app from the market go to menu-tools-manage a gps state- reset then go back and select download, this will help for a while.

+1 :)
That's what I had been doing for a while too.
Sometimes Bing works when Google navigation doesn't, so is this more of a GPS issue or an app issue?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Kid a I'm going by what others have reported working. And they are familiar forum members with a trustworthy rep. The Gps status and toolbox app says it only works for a few days. And I didn't just say pull the battery.

And now that I mention it..it seems lately that all these new unfamiliar forum members are acting like complete douchenozzles when people try to help them fix an issue. Dillagaf what VZW reps told u. From this point in I will not offer help to the users who have acted like buttnuggets

ridin the lightning

Last edited:

Kid A

Reaction score
Kid a I'm going by what others have reported working. And they are familiar forum members with a trustworthy rep. The Gps status and toolbox app says it only works for a few days. And I didn't just say pull the battery.

And now that I mention it..it seems lately that all these new unfamiliar forum members are acting like complete douchenozzles when people try to help them fix an issue. Dillagaf what VZW reps told u. From this point in I will not offer help to the users who have acted like buttnuggets

ridin the lightning

I'm just so used to hearing "remove the battery" as a response to any problem, I'm sick of hearing it. If it has worked for you, then good. Didn't mean to sound like a douchenozzle, but I suppose I have been a bit of one lately...

GPS Status has been working for me since I installed it. I have it set to auto download AGPS state if older than one hour. I'm not sure if it is taxing on my battery because I only put my GPS on when I need it.

lbo

Reaction score
@yakitori, thank-you. Your recommendation fixed my GPS problem.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

ridin the lightning

I'm just so used to hearing "remove the battery" as a response to any problem, I'm sick of hearing it. If it has worked for you, then good. Didn't mean to sound like a douchenozzle, but I suppose I have been a bit of one lately...

GPS Status has been working for me since I installed it. I have it set to auto download AGPS state if older than one hour. I'm not sure if it is taxing on my battery because I only put my GPS on when I need it.

There is a difference between pulling your battery and clearing data and cache for the app in settings..pulling battery...removing LTE sim card and replacing.

I have done this myself as well as the temporary Gps status and toolbox fix. It has worked for me and many others. I can't explain why it works. It may not solve everyone's Gps lock...but mine is instant and almost instant indoors

ridin the lightning

VolDroid

Reaction score

ridin the lightning

This actually worked for me while on vacation this week in Gulf Shores. It was taking 5 min to lock on to my location. I read a post somewhere else about doing this, tried it, and it fixed my issues. It immediately started locking on in seconds.

wrh3

Reaction score
I downloaded both the GPS apps and still no go. Pulled the battery and sim, reinstalled and it is as fast locking on to satellites now as my old Incredible was......sometimes it is an easy fix.

daggy1985

Reaction score

ridin the lightning

When you say pull LTE card does that me take it out of holder or just slide it out of LTE compartment?

daggy1985

Reaction score

ridin the lightning

When you say pull LTE card does that me take it out of holder or just slide it out of LTE compartment?

Doesn't matter either way cause it didnt work for me... :(

FnTwizted

Reaction score
just like yak said that solves a ton of problems... i work for verizon and most of the issues are id10T errors. or an app wigging out. 99% of the isses i have had were solved this way then again why r u asking a vzw rep when u r rocking cm7?