Thunderbolt getting slower and slower

pattyk999

Reaction score
Upgraded to ICS few weeks ago. Had a few glitches but overall, things were ok. Now, last day or 2, it's going very slow. e.g, I press phone and it takes a long time just to switch to that screen and even longer to actually dial. This is happening with every aspect of my phone. Anyone else? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Patty K.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does this happen when you've had the phone on for a very long time, (days at a time) or does it happen all the time, no matter if you just restarted the phone or not?

OP
P

pattyk999

Reaction score
Does this happen when you've had the phone on for a very long time, (days at a time) or does it happen all the time, no matter if you just restarted the phone or not?

It happens constantly, no matter how long it's been up or off or restarted. And I've tried everything I know to do. It's a slug!

yahwehdo

Reaction score
Agreed! Mines crawling as well... Sometimes I think I didn't hit the contact right, so I hit it again, and in about 5 minutes it'll make two calls placing one on hold! Hope this gets patched!

ldhin305

Reaction score
I'm having the same experience as yahwehdo. The phone is getting slower at opening apps, syncing and opening email, and placing phone calls.

drbostick

Reaction score
I'm jumping on the band waggon as well. It's like the storage is getting full, so dumped a bunch of pics and vids, as well some old apps. This seems to have helped Some.

iRenegade

Reaction score
I have the same problem with the dialer. It is quite frustrating, and I hope I don't need to make an emergency call before I find a fix. I posted an inquiry on the main Thunderbolt forum also.

Divotman

Reaction score
My wife and I both have Thunderbolts and both have this issue. The phones will absolutely crawl in all aspects. Restarting after a battery pull helps only slightly.
My wife's phone seems to have only taken part of the ICS update. Ever since the update my option 'checkmarks' and highlights changed from green to red. Some of hers are red while others stayed green. Her bluetooth works randomly and we dropped the mobile hotspot as it doesn't work.
The only thing this phone is doing in a hurry is turning into a piece of crap.