Thunderbolt battery draining FAST

CrazeeJ

Reaction score
I've had my Thunderbolt since the release date, and the battery has been rock solid for months. I use Advanced Task Killer religiously, so there's never a lot running except occasionally Skype. But a few weeks ago, the battery has started draining super fast - it's been off the charger for 2 hours right now, and is at 64% at the time I post this. I haven't done a single thing on the phone today besides look at the battery monitor.

At first I thought it was Skype running, after the last update Skype was constantly reconnecting and I thought that might be the problem but I haven't run that in a week either and have gone into the processes and made sure it's not running. I've pulled the battery, I've done a full drain and charge, I've done everything I can think of and I just can't find an app that's doing anything!

I'm in a strong 4G area that never really goes to 3G so it's not the radio going crazy as far as I can tell, but the battery is actually warm 100% of the time now so something is going on. In the time it's taken me to post this Battery Dr. is saying the battery is down to 59%, its insane.

Any ideas? Help!

delcopa

Reaction score
I've had my Thunderbolt since the release date, and the battery has been rock solid for months. I use Advanced Task Killer religiously, so there's never a lot running except occasionally Skype. But a few weeks ago, the battery has started draining super fast - it's been off the charger for 2 hours right now, and is at 64% at the time I post this. I haven't done a single thing on the phone today besides look at the battery monitor.

At first I thought it was Skype running, after the last update Skype was constantly reconnecting and I thought that might be the problem but I haven't run that in a week either and have gone into the processes and made sure it's not running. I've pulled the battery, I've done a full drain and charge, I've done everything I can think of and I just can't find an app that's doing anything!

I'm in a strong 4G area that never really goes to 3G so it's not the radio going crazy as far as I can tell, but the battery is actually warm 100% of the time now so something is going on. In the time it's taken me to post this Battery Dr. is saying the battery is down to 59%, its insane.

Any ideas? Help!

I've noticed the same exact thing and in the same time frame. I wasn't using a task killer at first so installed one after I could watch the battery percent drop. When I looked at what was eating the battery it said 60% due to display and that was only active like 10 minutes. Lowered the level to under 50% brightness and same issue. I only hope this update helps the battery.

Reaction score
Uninstall ATK then charge your battery to 100% and wipe the batter stats bin....if that doesn't fix you should buy a new battery because at that point ATK, ironically, destroyed your battery.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
in my experience a task killer/manager doesnt really affect things much if at all. Sure they arent necessary but i have never had ATK cause more problems than it solved (I only use atk to force close processes that either wont close properly or i need to restart manually).

OP
C

CrazeeJ

Reaction score
Still having this problem - I've uninstalled ATK and over half my apps (that aren't affecting my Samsung Tab in the least battery-wise), and even with battery pulls I'm still using the battery at an accelerated rate, my battery is still warm/hot all the time.

Any other ideas? I can't see how having ATK installed for 4 months (and 2 years on my original Droid) with no battery issues would all of a sudden kill this battery half dead, but I'm willing to listen!