Battery draining faster than normal

NewD3

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals I noticed about a week ago my battery started draining faster than normal on my D3. I've had it since December and this is the first time I've noticed it draining this fast without much use.

I was wondering what the average battery uses are for the D3 for different processes. The Android OS is at 33%, phone idle is at 15%, and cell standby is at 12%, much higher than I remember them being in the past. I haven't been spending time in places without service. Last weekend I did spend about 6 hours in a different city, and the battery drain increase was noticeable after this point. I was worried my cell signal tower changed, so I dialed *288 (on tuesday after realizing something was up) and waited for it to update and hung up. I did not notice any real differences.

I'm also running Go Launcher Ex as a theme, but I've been using it since December so I don't think that's it.

In the running programs tab I seem to have a few programs that I don't use much or don't remember seeing in the past, the VZnavigator is constantly running even though I have never used it, words with friends, where's my droid, voice search and mobile hotspot are all constantly running it seems. When I end them they reappear minutes later even when I'm not launching the specific programs. I have only done this a couple times because I realize that closing and launching apps decreases battery life, and I know this is not the cause for the battery drain.

Anyone know what's up or have any advice? Anything is appreciated!

quizzard

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with the upgrade to Google play. My Bionic and my wife's D4 have been doing the same thing.