Thunderbolt appeared dead

Javaknight

Reaction score
I put the phone on the charger like I do every night but this morning when I went to wake it up it wouldn't respond. I held down the power button and it wouldn't turn on and the charge LED wasn't lit :/

I pulled the battery out and reseated it and then it turned on finally but the battery only shows a 50% charge. It's almost like the battery 'disconnected' during the night. bizarre but so glad the phone wasn't dead!

anyone else see anything like this?

P.S. - not rooted and no mods to phone

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nope never experienced anything like that.

Let us know if you have any more problems though.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

hillkay2

Reaction score
This happened to me twice. Once in the monring after charging it during the evening. Also, it happened when I tried to restart my phone. It completely died, woudn't charge, and I had to pop the battery out. I am still debating on whether I should exchange the phone or not.

OP
J

Javaknight

Reaction score
it's only happened to me the one time and has been the only issue I've seen with the phone since day one. hopefully it will be okay. curious if it's the phone or the battery though...

illmatic636

Reaction score
I put the phone on the charger like I do every night but this morning when I went to wake it up it wouldn't respond. I held down the power button and it wouldn't turn on and the charge LED wasn't lit :/

I pulled the battery out and reseated it and then it turned on finally but the battery only shows a 50% charge. It's almost like the battery 'disconnected' during the night. bizarre but so glad the phone wasn't dead!

anyone else see anything like this?

P.S. - not rooted and no mods to phone

What apps do you have installed on your TB? Maybe it's a hanging App? Something is causing your phone not to come out of standby. As far as the discharge of your battery, no clue. Could be a connection into wall or phone.

Good luck

OP
J

Javaknight

Reaction score
the newest app is the Amazon App Store. I wonder if it was trying to update and got annoyed because it wasn't allowed to? hopefully it just never happens again :)