Thunderbolt anger

Archerjostle

Reaction score
I dont know if it is my phone, or verizon, or both but i live on east coast and my internet gets shut off/goes down almost nightly..and i work nights!!! Do they do maint. late at night ALL THE TIME??? My co-worker has verizon, on some 3g phone with NO problems. We do have 4g here. Ive rebooted and/or restarted phone alot of nights with little success. Currently im reading 1x with one bar...whatever that means...usually all internet is off..can someone direct me to a thread this might have been discussed in? Has ANYONE EVER been released from there contract for such an issure?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MTBryan

Reaction score
This is obviously a serious problem. Of course you've contacted customer service so they can try and diagnosis the problem?

Sent from my TBolt

tc3

Reaction score
This has been a problem for me even through multiple thunderbolts.

The data radio sucks on this phone. 3g is ungodly slow compared to other phones, often unusable.

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Last night was the first and only night I experienced this. Besides that, works fine here in san Diego

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

turdbogls

Reaction score
This has been a problem for me even through multiple thunderbolts.

The data radio sucks on this phone. 3g is ungodly slow compared to other phones, often unusable.

the radio is getting better, but without root, you are stuck on the latest OTA radio. as for 3G speeds, yes they are slow, very slow, even on other phones. verizons 3G is the slowest out of the bunch.

OP, it kinda sounds like a sim card problem. how is you data outside of work? if you are in a building you will notice 4G dropping out...and if it still thinks it can pick it up, it will just sit there. my suggestion is to get LTE switch and switch it to just 3G or just 4G and see if that works. if that doesn't fix it, take it into a verizon store. they are going to factory reset the phone for sure (i know from experience) but after that they should either replace the sim, or the phone itself.

Shine52

Reaction score
I came from a Droid X and find 3G to be much faster when browsing. Pages load a lot quicker then what I was use to on my X.

Rhino94

Reaction score
Have you tried pulling your battery and pulling your sim card out and them putting both back in?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

eodlrd

Reaction score
I experience the same thing. I also work nights. It usually starts around 2am.