Thumbnails slow to load in Gallery

blufftontiger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 64GB
I recently upgraded my OG Droid to the Bionic. I ended up copying my old images & videos off my old droid onto the Bionic. I then moved them from the internal storage to my SD card. I also switched my Camera/Video storage location to the SD card.

Since moving everything to the SD card, when using the Gallery, the thumbnail previews are very slow to load and only about 20% of them load. In addition after the few of them do load, they sometimes disappear as I scroll through the thumbnail viewer. Also, scrolling is slow and labored.

Is there a fix for this?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I don't have a Bionic but I preffer using Quickpic over the stock gallery on my device. Not really a solution for the stock gallery but it's definitely a good alternative.

OP
blufftontiger

blufftontiger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 64GB
Quickpic works! The great thing is that it brings in all image/video files from other apps, like Retro Camera. It stinks that the stock gallery is so buggy.

dkelly701

Reaction score
This happened to me after I started to sync my pictures with Picasa but changed my mind half way through and messed something up. I deleted all of the pictures including the thumbs that the phone creates in internal memory, went to Settings, Apps and Gallery, cleared the data, and then put the pictures back on the SD card. When I started gallery it recreated the thumbs again and my gallery has been working normally sense.

I recently upgraded my OG Droid to the Bionic. I ended up copying my old images & videos off my old droid onto the Bionic. I then moved them from the internal storage to my SD card. I also switched my Camera/Video storage location to the SD card.

Since moving everything to the SD card, when using the Gallery, the thumbnail previews are very slow to load and only about 20% of them load. In addition after the few of them do load, they sometimes disappear as I scroll through the thumbnail viewer. Also, scrolling is slow and labored.

Is there a fix for this?