Thrive Finally Gets Its Taste of Ice Cream Sandwich!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
toshiba-thrive.jpg

Toshiba Thrive 10 owners will be pleased to know that the OTA for Ice Cream Sandwich is rolling out now. If you don't want to wait for it, you can head into your Settings and download it manually. Keep one thing in mind, if you are rooted you will not be able to update via the service station. Those users may need to wait for the devs to come up with a version for rooted devices.

For all others, check it out and let us know what you think!

Thanks for sharing this info with us rgorby3123!

Source: ICS available for the Thrive now!

neilrl79

Reaction score
My wife has a thrive so after seeing this story I got excited(I love pushing the system update button and actually having an update available) so as soon as she got home I went to work.... sort of.... it's been downloading the update for ten minutes now and there is no end in site. Me thinks toshiba should upgrade their servers.

jseah

Reaction score
At least it's downloading for you. I have been trying for the past hour and it starts downloading and part way through, it times out.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
So glad I went with ASUS. I'd be pretty ticked off knowing that JB just got released and my device upgrade is one whole OS version behind. BTTH Toshiba.

neilrl79

Reaction score
At least it's downloading for you. I have been trying for the past hour and it starts downloading and part way through, it times out.

Negative.... 3 failed attempts so far. First was 2½ hours then about a ½ hour for the others, always a message about no network connection even tho I had full wifi.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Thanks for sharing this info with us rgorby3123!

What? Thanks to WHO??? You mean: PereDroid, right??
Man, what's it take to get a little respect around here. I posted this in user news...

Not one of those version junkies, Mr "So glad I got an Asus". I am glad that my discontinued tablet got a new update. Toshiba certainly didn't have to do this.
Mad appreciation.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Make sure you have the option under Wifi off: Disable Wifi When Sleeping, or whatever it says. Or set your screen time out to 30 minutes and don't let it sleep.

ajcscan

Reaction score
since downloading ICS on my wife's thrive it doesn't work right? adobe files cannot be downloaded and viewed when they could be before the update? several other items don't work either that did prior to the update? Is there a way to go back and get rid of ICS?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No.
What app do you use for Adobe PDF viewing?
Uninstall then reinstall that app.
What other problems?