Threw my OG D1 in the wash by accident..O_o

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Thats right, I just through my laundry in and walked away. 5 minutes later I hear this bumping noise..hmmm what could it be? To my horror i see my beloved rooted D1 spinning with the rest of my clothes!

After retrieving it, soak and wet. I let it dry overnight but to no avail...it was done.

I just now got off the phone with Asurion and they are sending me another one, and should be getting it on Monday. I was hoping for something newer, like a D2 or an X, but another OG D1 will do.

For now, im phone-less though...:(

Wow!!!! No do NOT put your wet phone into the freezer, would you ever put a working phone in the freezer???

Leave the battery out for at least a week. I know how much this sucks.

Take a large ziplock or anything like it, and if you can grab 5 or 6 of those silica gel packets (the do not eat stuff that comes in shoe boxes), open them up and put the pellets into the bag with your phone. Dry rice will also work just fine. Seal the bag, and leave it in a dry place of your house for at least a few days!

If you try to use your phone when it is wet the water will short curcuit the insides and totally break your phone! Do not use until you are sure it is dry, and even then, Good Luck!

I just now got off the phone with Asurion and they are sending me another one, and should be getting it on Monday. I was hoping for something newer, like a D2 or an X, but another OG D1 will do.

It's replacement insurance, Not upgrade insurance.

Wow!!!! No do NOT put your wet phone into the freezer, would you ever put a working phone in the freezer???

Take a large ziplock or anything like it, and if you can grab 5 or 6 of those silica gel packets (the do not eat stuff that comes in shoe boxes), open them up and put the pellets into the bag with your phone. Dry rice will also work just fine. Seal the bag, and leave it in a dry place of your house for at least a few days!

If you try to use your phone when it is wet the water will short curcuit the insides and totally break your phone! Do not use until you are sure it is dry, and even then, Good Luck!
You place it in the freezer and then thaw very slowly.
The freezing isolates the water and the thaw allows it to evaporate.
Yeah, I am an engineer, too.
;)

You place it in the freezer and then thaw very slowly.
The freezing isolates the water and the thaw allows it to evaporate.
Yeah, I am an engineer, too.
;)

I believe you are right sir.

This is good advice, I used this exact method to save my LG Dare after it went through the wash. After it dried out a few days I used it for 18 more months before selling it to help pay for my Droid. It really works great. :)

It's replacement insurance, Not upgrade insurance.

I know...I was just hoping that they would be out of stock :)

darn that sucks!
i had my blackberry stolen once and asurion replaced it but no offense to anyone i think blackberry is a cheap brand.

Back