Threaded SMS Messages

izzysmom

Reaction score
Hello all! Just upgraded from an LG EnV Touch to the ALLY (my 1st smartphone) so I'm doing a lot of reading etc. I'm quite tech friendly, but by no means a geek (Though I hope to be someday...)
And truth be told...I just HATE the learning curve period on a new phone. I want to know IT ALL...NOW!

I dont know if this is an Android thing - or an LG Ally thing...but my SMS Text messages dont open into individual screens / windows - whatever you want to call them. It is a running thread of conversation...and it's making me a little crazy....I'd like to be able to read a note individually and not have to try and figure out which part I've already read etc. (And Im sure that if I dont delete messages...that thread will get stupid long)

Am I missing a setting option or something...or is this the way the Android software handles text messages.

joker402

Reaction score
Hello all! Just upgraded from an LG EnV Touch to the ALLY (my 1st smartphone) so I'm doing a lot of reading etc. I'm quite tech friendly, but by no means a geek (Though I hope to be someday...)
And truth be told...I just HATE the learning curve period on a new phone. I want to know IT ALL...NOW!

I dont know if this is an Android thing - or an LG Ally thing...but my SMS Text messages dont open into individual screens / windows - whatever you want to call them. It is a running thread of conversation...and it's making me a little crazy....I'd like to be able to read a note individually and not have to try and figure out which part I've already read etc. (And Im sure that if I dont delete messages...that thread will get stupid long)

Am I missing a setting option or something...or is this the way the Android software handles text messages.
its an android thing, and actually all phones will be going to that soon

OP
I

izzysmom

Reaction score
Is if fair to assume that there are apps that handle messages in a fashion I am more accustom to? (And does anyone have any faves?)

hendrix

Reaction score
I love threaded messages. It is nice to not have to hunt for a previous message to remember what you were talking about 2 hours ago when someone finally replies back.

OP
I

izzysmom

Reaction score
My EnV Touch Grouped emails by sender - and then when you touched the senders name it showed the list of messages and their replies - but you could touch an individual message and see it on its own - then you could swipe left or right to move thru each message in the group.
I'm hoping for exactly that kind of thing here - I loved the grouping - but want to be able to review each message on a clean screen.

Taegost

Reaction score
I just checked through the settings in Handcent and don't see anything that allows it. While it doesn't give that option, it does have a few display options that may help. You may be interested in the iPhone style, where it keeps the messages threaded, but it shows both sides of the conversation on different sides of the screen, so it's easy to differentiate between who said what.

eliassami5

Reaction score
all smart phones do this, its not just an android thing. You can get handcent and set it to pop up every time you get a new message, that's the closest you can get to what you are looking for as far as i know.

OP
I

izzysmom

Reaction score
Ok - next question on these threaded SMS's -- is there a way to see the date and time on the message...I can see that there is MICROSCOPIC text under each message in a persons thread...but even with glasses on...I cant make it out...I mean REALLY -- who can read THAT???