Thoughts/opinions/questions on Moto Droid vs. Droid Incredible

Shelooga

Reaction score
i agree with post 9 too.

ive got my droid overclocked, so the only feature i see that i envy is the 8mp camera. and i dont even use my camera that much, but i def enjoy having the best of the best. with honors.

will smith is the bomb diggity and so is smoked glass v6 and so is my droid

smok1n

Reaction score
Question:
Based on the specs listed online so far can you guys speculate how much faster the Incredible will be than the Moto Droid? Is there one spec/feature that makes the Incredible a no brainer decision over the Moto Droid or, are they very similar to each other and more a matter of personal opinion? Is the Incredible light years ahead of the Moto Droid? Will the processor being twice as fast equal a noticeable difference in performance?

Faster on paper, but enough to matter in the real world? I don't think so. The one feature of the Incredible that stands out for me in its favor is the transflective OLED display (WANT)! That should be great in direct sunlight. All smartphones should have transflective displays IMHO - what makes manufacturers think we smartphone users don't need to see the screen when outdoors?

Question:
I've been to the Verizon store twice now to look at phones. While most reviews say HTC's sense UI is a better, more polished UI compared to the standard Android interface the short amount of time I've played around with each phone I found I liked the Moto Droid better than the Eris. Could this be because Android 1.5 is much different than 2.1 or, maybe I just don't like sense UI? Does the Eris and the Droid seem so different because of the versions of Android they run or, does sense UI make the HTC's feel completely different than the standard Android UI? I don't know enough about the different versions of Android or Sense UI to tell.

I can't comment on the sense UI, but I prefer the Android standard UI over the iPhone UI hands-down. I agree with you, the iPhone UI looks and feels like Training Wheels for Smartphone. :icon_wink: Android UI is ultimately configurable, why limit yourself to what amounts to a locked-down skin?

Question:
I'm a little concerned with the stories I've read on the forum about poor headphone jacks, peeling keyboards, etc. Do you believe HTC builds a better overall product than Motorola? Should I be concerned with the overall quality/longevity of the Moto vs. the HTC?

Quality? I've had the Droid since late November. The first thing I did when I was unboxing it was drop it 3.5' onto the ceramic tile floor! :eek: OK, got that out of the way. :unsure: It's seen several other mishaps but other than exterior battle damage it works fine. I'm a little concerned about the longevity of the headphone jack. Not that I've had any trouble with it, but it's just a little loose. The keyboard seems rugged enough, I don't use it much though. I know some love it, but I can't feel the subtle demarks between the keys. I have terrible luck hitting the right keys. I use the ShapeWriter gesture keyboard and love it. I've been playing around with the speech-to-text dictation a little and really like it too. Who needs a hardware keyboard with great gesture prediction and speech-to-text capabilities?

Bottom Line? I wish the Droid had a screen I could see in direct sun, and maybe nix the keyboard, but that's it. I love the Droid and will keep it until my new-every-2 in November 2011.

asmallchild

Reaction score
I am lovin the Droid. Was initially really looking forward to a VZW iPhone but now I'm torn. So many great apps for free.

Really the freedom to customize out the wazoo. I might need to carry around 2 phones :)

iPirate

Reaction score
i agree with post 9 too.

ive got my droid overclocked, so the only feature i see that i envy is the 8mp camera. and i dont even use my camera that much, but i def enjoy having the best of the best. with honors.

will smith is the bomb diggity and so is smoked glass v6 and so is my droid
more mp doesn't mean better...