Thoughts on the S10 Series

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh nice! I haven't tried Gcam yet. Downloading now.

Edit: Camera is freezing up on me. Anything particular I need to do?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok cool thanks. I will keep messing with it.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Update came across...
d3bb70e0df6b91b4d42aef7bb2a56e71.jpg

S10+ Tapatalk

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for the heads up!

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So....I broke my 10 plus screen this week. Dropped it on a gravel parking lot, face first, direct impact. Rocks don't go well with screens.

After a lot of debate, I went through the official Samsung repair route at Ubreakifix. It was pricey(269 plus tax), bit they did a great job. It was a complete refurb of the phone, including new frame, battery, etc. It keeps the water resistant rating and everything. It feels like I have a new phone. If you look at eBay prices, they don't justify the headache of doing it yourself (over 200 for an aftermarket screen, over 300 for the genuine item). Who would put an aftermarket screen on a Samsung phone?

I have a couple tempered glass screen protectors on order. I haven't used one since the Note 8, due to the curved screen. I've never had a problem until now. I'm still not certain it's going to work out, we will see. I still had the stock screen protector that comes with the phone on, but it was no match for rocks. I do believe that it did help keep the screen together and functioning.

In any event, hope this helps someone avoid disaster.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
So....I broke my 10 plus screen this week. Dropped it on a gravel parking lot, face first, direct impact. Rocks don't go well with screens.

After a lot of debate, I went through the official Samsung repair route at Ubreakifix. It was pricey(269 plus tax), bit they did a great job. It was a complete refurb of the phone, including new frame, battery, etc. It keeps the water resistant rating and everything. It feels like I have a new phone. If you look at eBay prices, they don't justify the headache of doing it yourself (over 200 for an aftermarket screen, over 300 for the genuine item). Who would put an aftermarket screen on a Samsung phone?

I have a couple tempered glass screen protectors on order. I haven't used one since the Note 8, due to the curved screen. I've never had a problem until now. I'm still not certain it's going to work out, we will see. I still had the stock screen protector that comes with the phone on, but it was no match for rocks. I do believe that it did help keep the screen together and functioning.

In any event, hope this helps someone avoid disaster.

Damn brother sorry to hear it ... Happy you got it replaced but sure sucks and definitely no match for gravel .. tempered glass will most likely help take the impact to the screen .. what brand did you order ?

Note10+

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you my friend. They are generic, can't pronounce the name lol. Not sure how well they will work. The ones I used with my note always ended up coming off.
6c69e9664f2bb6421b4667bafaafb73f.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Thank you my friend. They are generic, can't pronounce the name lol. Not sure how well they will work. The ones I used with my note always ended up coming off.
6c69e9664f2bb6421b4667bafaafb73f.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk
Let us know how you like it and thoughts ..

Note10+

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let us know how you like it and thoughts ..

Note10+
I ended up keeping the stock protector on for a while. I actually really like the stock ones, they just won't hold up to blunt trauma lol.

A couple weeks ago I switched over to these. Horrible. Absolutely horrible. Very difficult to line up correctly and they end up "twisted" slightly on the screen which creates space between the screen and the protector and they break. If they take a hard drop they will pop off. I didn't try the fingerprint scanner. Not worth the headache.

It is similar to the experience I had with my note 8 screen protectors. My next phone will probably have a flat screen. I do like the curved screens, but I'm not interested in spending 50 bucks for a screen protector.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I ended up keeping the stock protector on for a while. I actually really like the stock ones, they just won't hold up to blunt trauma lol.

A couple weeks ago I switched over to these. Horrible. Absolutely horrible. Very difficult to line up correctly and they end up "twisted" slightly on the screen which creates space between the screen and the protector and they break. If they take a hard drop they will pop off. I didn't try the fingerprint scanner. Not worth the headache.

It is similar to the experience I had with my note 8 screen protectors. My next phone will probably have a flat screen. I do like the curved screens, but I'm not interested in spending 50 bucks for a screen protector.

I hear brother ... I'm using mine without protector... It's not worth the crap they selling ... stock one is much better for scratches

Note10+

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep totally agree. I would go bare screen except I've already broken my screen once, don't want to repeat that lol.