Pitaka Magcase S10+

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hi All - I just recently got my hands on this case from Pitaka.. I've read positive reviews around the forums and I wanted to share with you some pics and info along with my thoughts on the case...

You can check them out here at their website.. They have cases for our S line phones...

MagCase for Samsung Galaxy S10e & S10 & S10+

Also some material info as it's made from Aramid which provides strong protection..

Aramid Fiber Material | PITAKA

Okay now my thoughts on this case :

Profile is super slim like using the phone naked. It's protection is for keeping the back and sides scratch free.. I've not dropped my phone yet let's hope we keep it this way lol.. You are not going to have screen protection as the sides hug the phone normal without a lip.. I would suggest a screen protector with this case. Case is QI compatible so you can wireless charge normally.. Also it's magnetic backing enables you to place on magnetic mount like I do in my car vent.. Grip felt a little more slippery at first than I wanted but as the week went by it felt more natural to me.. Though I would like it to be more grippy .. I think this will be my go out at night case where I can slip into my jacket pocket or pants with no bulk.. I think one con for me it's not being able to place phone face down.. I don't have screen protector so I'm afraid to scratch up my screen.. Also I've had a few accidental touches on sides while going about using my phone daily.. It's not the case issue but phone as Samsung having the curved edges would be the reason for it.. So things you need to consider when purchasing.. Price is on the higher end with likes of the UAG and Otterbox cases..

So does anyone here use their phone slim profile or naked?

I have some pics here for y'all and hit me up with additional questions..

Also forgot to mention love the perfect cutouts to speaker and buttons
ee11adf71085a071889521448e30511a.jpg
152b928af06cfd900aa053fbeca317da.jpg
e9185bc77170a88d4d6eae687cff24df.jpg
f9c3ecd4a1515a6f1dca6c8775973e79.jpg
793e1f12f1ae45325e20539e994ee9c7.jpg
a1e36d52943685832000f2fc980805dc.jpg
59f2b959d349534932f0043df35c21c5.jpg
47ce5e1a37586a442608e04e37cd49e7.jpg
b913c7abe55a4deb6e49ce87f17ec7e1.jpg

S10+ Tapatalk

Last edited:

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very nice write up. It looks like it is carbon fiber, so it should give a little protection on drops?

As much as I would love to go minimalist, I am always too nervous that I would break my phone. I have a couple old phones that I have without cases, and they do ok. I think phones are a lot tougher than we give them credit for.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Very nice write up. It looks like it is carbon fiber, so it should give a little protection on drops?

As much as I would love to go minimalist, I am always too nervous that I would break my phone. I have a couple old phones that I have without cases, and they do ok. I think phones are a lot tougher than we give them credit for.

Yes from reading a little it's not carbon but it's about the fibers.. less stiffness than carbon... Lightweight and heat resistant.. All kind of stuff... We need it in the screen .. I think you are correct these phones can handle more than we think... Screens too unfortunately dropping on screen results not so great when trying to keep it from cracks...

S10+ Tapatalk

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes from reading a little it's not carbon but it's about the fibers.. less stiffness than carbon... Lightweight and heat resistant.. All kind of stuff... We need it in the screen .. I think you are correct these phones can handle more than we think... Screens too unfortunately dropping on screen results not so great when trying to keep it from cracks...

S10+ Tapatalk

Yeah, totally agreed. The screen is the kicker.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've had a Pitaka my Pixel 2 over a year now. I love it. It really adds the structural strength the Pixels were lacking without being big and bulky. I only give it 2 minor knocks. I found is the magnets are a little weak, and not in the best location for how I have the mag mount in my vehicle, but being a solid case its easy enough to slip in one of metal plates that came in the mag mount. And if you are the kind of person that likes to change cases with your moods, the stiffness of the case can make it difficult to slip off.

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've had a Pitaka my Pixel 2 over a year now. I love it. It really adds the structural strength the Pixels were lacking without being big and bulky. I only give it 2 minor knocks. I found is the magnets are a little weak, and not in the best location for how I have the mag mount in my vehicle, but being a solid case its easy enough to slip in one of metal plates that came in the mag mount. And if you are the kind of person that likes to change cases with your moods, the stiffness of the case can make it difficult to slip off.
Awesome! Thank you for adding that additional information..

S10+ Tapatalk