thoughts on a new Razr... renting it until Galaxy Nexus appears?

pRAZR

Reaction score
Great forum! I have been lurking around for a while but had to join to post that you REALLY DO HAVE TO USE THE MOTOROLA USB CABLES or your RAZR won't sync with your computer (which I will add to whatever thread it was where that was disputed...).

Just got the Razr because I was sick of waiting for promised Samsung phones on Verizon. Waiting for the Galaxy S 2 since spring... Verizon didn't get it because they promised something better... the GNEX... which now may be out on Dec. 8? I was nursing an HTC Touch Pro 2 with Windows Mobile 6.1, an evolutionary dead-end I misread at the moment the Motorola Droid came out, and getting really, really antsy to get on with the rest of the Android world. Anyway, I have spent a week of vacation fiddling with and configuring the Razr (only launchers, apps, etc.), but may return it for $35 to Verizon (they extended their returns until Jan. 15)... if I am appropriately blown away by the GNEX.

Anyway, I really am impressed with the Razr, more than I expected. I have it really crowded on the home screen with ADW launcher and it will bog down and get laggy after I have been adding and changing a ton of apps but not from just regular use (it speeds up again if I restart), but the apps open instantly and really don't lag. FAST.

Also, ahem, I find it far more attractive than I thought I would looking at it at the store. The thinness and lightweight are great after carrying an HTC cinderblock; it slips right in my pocket. I find the corner may poke me a little when I sit down if I don't angle the phone in my pocket a little. The characteristic Moto hump actually makes it easier to hold. The materials feel great in the hand--the gorilla glass feels pleasantly different (oleophobic coating of some kind? or whatever that word is). The supposed kevlar weave on the back feels really great, too, a little soft and "frictiony" but stuff doesn't stick to it like with some rubber backings. Also, reception is excellent. There is so little background noise or hiss on a phone call that I had to get out of the habit of asking the person "Are you still there?" The screen is beautifully clear with vivid colors and black blacks. The only time I notice pixelation or cross-hatching is in plain gray fields occasionally. Loud speaker phone.

So... I may stick with it and be happy for another year-and-a-half, if it isn't love at first sight with the GNEX... and if the sealed battery lasts...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DroidForums!! Glad to have you with us!!

And as far as my thoughts I would say, as you pointed out, if you are blown away by the Gnex then you could always jump on it when it comes out. But if at that time you truly still enjoy the Razr then stick with it, it is about whatever you enjoy and meets your needs. If the Razr does that then rock on, I know quite a few people are happy with it.

Anway, enjoy and make sure to stick around for a while!!

Arodnum1

Reaction score
I personally love the RAZR, but this coming from an old Droid X user which had the same form factors with the hump for the camera, I love the hump because I always position my phone screen-in in my pocket and all I have to do is run my hand across my pocket to make sure my phone is how I like it. I also was looking at the gnex but I had such good luck with that Droid X that I thought it best not to try my luck with another manufacturer, I'm sure that whichever way you decide to go you'll be thoroughly satisfied!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums