This Really Sucks!!

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Both the Droid 2 and Shadow are due out this year.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's funny, be careful what you ask for you just might get it.

The Incredible looks like a great phone, it's true. On paper that is. But one never knows until one gets their hands on it.

Make sure you try it out before buying it at a Verizon Store. Also word is that phone quality is bad on the Incredible. I'm not saying that's true but as more people get their hands on this device I suspect that we will start to hear a lot more negative remarks. Hang on to your Droid a week or so after getting the Incredible, you never know. It might be the Incredible you want to sell.
come on zhook...sounds like you're not getting one and are a bit jealous :icon_ banana:
I'm not jealous. I heard from several people that call quality isn't that good. You guys had heard differently.

I hope the incredible is, well, incredible. If its better then Droid I'm cool with that.

darreno1

Reaction score
You can sell the droid to help offset your cost. But be warned, there will be a phone coming out in 3-6 months that will eclipse the Incredible. It is the nature of this game.

what phone is that? The EVO 4g? I thought that was only for Sprint?

It's HTC's 4.3" 4g-capable phone with a bunch of other nice goodies. But yeah, it's only on Sprint for now.

Sprint - HTC EVO? 4G

Something like this needs to come to Verizon. Hopefully Moto has something in the pipeline to compete.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
My prediction, take it for what it is, will be that the Incredible will be the last of the new phones before the 4G roll out. I could be wrong. God knows it wouldn't be a first. My line of thinking is that Verizon is simply too close to the 4G ramp up to suddenly dump a huge amount of 3G phones onto the market, especially KNOWING that everyone is tracking their roll out so closely and they are being rather definite on dates with it now.

From my understanding, the 4G they will be going to will allow talk and data at the same time, along with greater speeds. That's the main reason I think the iPhone ultimately WILL hit Verizon, but not on 3G. I just don't see a CDMA version being done for a year.

Like I said, I could be wrong. But I'd be surprised.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You know in regards to the Evo, at some point, people are forgetting its supposed to be a phone first. That thing just plainly is way too large.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
That's something I was thinking about. 4.3" may very well start pushing the limits of something you can comfortably fit in your pocket. Would I like the larger screen? Sure, but not for the sacrifice of it not fitting well.

darreno1

Reaction score
[video=youtube;IuNDQGYVDk4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuNDQGYVDk4]YouTube - HTC Evo 4G[/video]

It's really not as bulky as it sounds. Now the Dell mini with the 5" screen is big, a little too big, but this is perfect IMO.

Last edited:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Its the size of his palm LOL. Thats huge (imo).

darreno1

Reaction score
^^Hey, I'm a web junkie so a bigger screen is like crack. Plus I have big hands :).

Aluminum21

Reaction score
the screen of the EVO is gorgeous, no denying that, but I have to agree that it's too big and can hamper the portability factor. Imagine trying to put that in your jeans pocket and sitting down.

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That Screen is a monster:icon_eek:

darreno1

Reaction score
I want it! I demand that Verizon get something like this in their inventory!!!!

gsf

Reaction score
Man I really love this phone, the size of an Iphone which I have always wanted but no ATT service in my area. So now this Incredible comes out 3 months after I bought a Droid. I hate the slide out keypad on my Doid...I never use it. Always sliding open when I pull it from my holster. So it is going to cost me over $500 if I want to upgrade? No other options?

Don't feel bad... in three months from the 29th, more new phones will be out, 3 months from then, more new phones will be release... it just goes on and on and on, you can never catch-up... lol