"Alright this is really stupid at this point"

rsarno

Reaction score
As the topic states, this is really stupid at this point with the delay in devices.

My point for posting this is because every single day i look at vzw site and every single day the date is pushed again. Every single day i say "Alright this is really stupid at this point" so today, i thought id share it with yall

And to add to my waste of a post, ill say thank god AT&T sucks!! My wife pulled me into an AT&T store and got an iphone ... took it home and had ZERO signal! Returned it within 2 hours. Nice!

So now im sitting on my old fashioned BB Curve, waiting for the dInc to be in stock (we dont want to order it, rather pick up in store for whatever reason)

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
Hope nobody minds i squeeze a question into this thread?

How is the MP3 Player? I was very unsatisfied with the Moto Droid, i hope they improved on that a bit?

zMd113

Reaction score
The music app is ok, nothing compared to the iPhone which is the only good thing about it.

kmo

Reaction score
This is the reason the Incredible has failed, no delivery of product. For whatever reasons (hardware shortages, oled screens to be specific.) Too bad because this is a really good device that won't survive the long run. At this point if I were you I'd cancel my order and get one of the new phones coming out. I really love my INC but I would not be waiting for the length of time some have been waiting. When you release a new "hot" product you should be able to ship that product without issues. This whole smartphone craze is getting ridiculous. One comes one goes, it can go on for a while but I think you should just find a phone you can live with for a while and move on when the dust settles with this whole Android Market craziness.... I'd move on, no sense in waiting when a new phone is coming out almost every week.

Fapout

Reaction score
I had to wait half a month for mine. Walked in to the Verizon store, bought it, then they told me "Sorry but we don't have any in stock right now, you'll have to wait a few days. June 14 is the latest day it will be shipped to you, so you will have it by then."

At this point "DON'T HAVE ANY IN STOCK" was echoing through my head. I was furious... but I still got it and it's a very cool phone.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
@
As the topic states, this is really stupid at this point with the delay in devices.

My point for posting this is because every single day i look at vzw site and every single day the date is pushed again. Every single day i say "Alright this is really stupid at this point" so today, i thought id share it with yall

And to add to my waste of a post, ill say thank god AT&T sucks!! My wife pulled me into an AT&T store and got an iphone ... took it home and had ZERO signal! Returned it within 2 hours. Nice!

So now im sitting on my old fashioned BB Curve, waiting for the dInc to be in stock (we dont want to order it, rather pick up in store for whatever reason)
Have you looked into the Droid x at all? Looks a lot cooler than the incredible IMO.

Sent from my Droid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
@

Have you looked into the Droid x at all? Looks a lot cooler than the incredible IMO.

Sent from my Droid

The problem with comparing the Incredible with a Droid X is that it's like comparing a Sports Car with a Truck. Technology wise they are quite a bit different and the huge size of the X is going to be a turn off to many people who preferred the Incredible as a light weight alternative to the Droid.

I personally wouldn't be pleased to be put on a waiting list for a phone that is going to be discontinued however, so I'd probably would ask for the X instead but that's just me. That's if I wanted the "very latest' phone to come out.

In the meantime the Droid continues just to kick butt in all areas, rooting, custom roms, etc. So I'm quite happy with my Droid. Which is still Verizon's flagship phone and will continue to be until the Droid 2 comes out.

zMd113

Reaction score
It's NOT going to be dicontinued!!!!!! Just that certain SKU. For example: it's like the 40gb PS3 being discontinued, not the entire PS3 itself.

Last edited:

Josefius

Reaction score
Who ever started this rumor is an idiot, they are not discontinuing the HTC Droid.

bassmasteraj

Reaction score
You may wanna check best buy. I got mine from there when Verizon said it would be a month. Best buy still has them in stock around here. It is sold out online for beat buy but u cam still find it in stores

BzB

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't be pleased to be put on a waiting list for a phone that is going to be discontinued however, so I'd probably would ask for the X instead but that's just me. That's if I wanted the "very latest' phone to come out.

it's not very often you see a mod trolling or spreading already debunked rumors, but here you have it. i guess the crackberry spirit has followed hook to motodroidforums.net. lol!

unless you were talking about the droid x being discontinued. :confused:

BzB

Reaction score

it's not very often you see a mod trolling or spreading already debunked rumors, but here you have it. i guess the crackberry spirit has followed hook to motodroidforums.net. lol!

unless you were talking about the droid x being discontinued. :confused:

...and for the op, i think they keep pushing the date back for people who haven't ordered yet. the longer you wait to order, the later you're likely to receive it. and in some cases the phone actually ships earlier than stated on the site but they give themselves some cushion.