This is my first time buying a phone via internet....(question)

itwerk

Reaction score
When my dx arrives tomorrow, am I suppose to take it to a verizon store to get my service switched from my droid to my new phone?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nope you can activate it from home.

OP
itwerk

itwerk

Reaction score
Nope you can activate it from home.

I got an email saying how to activate the phone from home, but does that mean that my new phone will be activated, but my old one will still be activated? Or does my original droid get deactivated as my dx becomes active?

eliassami5

Reaction score
the X will come with a sheet of paper with instructions on how to activate it, its very simple. Basically you turn off your DROID, turn on your X and it will either start dialing to the activation service or you will have to dial *228, then follow the instructions and in about a min your phone will be activated.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
the X will come with a sheet of paper with instructions on how to activate it, its very simple. Basically you turn off your DROID, turn on your X and it will either start dialing to the activation service or you will have to dial *228, then follow the instructions and in about a min your phone will be activated.

+1

When I bought my Dare (the previous phone I had) 2 years ago, I was actually able to activate it on the web site. I just had to enter my mobile number and the phone's ESN. It activated successfully.

When I got my X, I just did the activation from the phone. Same thing as said above...shut off your old phone, dial *228, follow the prompts, and the new phone will be activated. Your old phone will then be "dead" for calls. It's the same process they do in the store.

Also as stated above, they'll include full instructions for activation. It's very easy.

Reaction score
If for some reason you can't activate it yourself just call customer service. It's a painless process.