getting dx but gf getting my droid

basicfisherman

Reaction score
I will being getting a Dx on Friday but my GD will get my Droid. It is rooted and has as 4.7. When I take it in to have it switched to her number at the store and the Dx put on my number will they need to look at my phone? If so should I revert back to stock? I am assuming all I need to is rsdlite back to 2.01 and let it update to 2.2 right?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
dont even do that. just call VZW to have them activate it and they dont have to see your phone. even easier is doing it on verizonwireless.com with your online acct

OP
B

basicfisherman

Reaction score
You know how woman can be. She will not want to mess around with all that BS. I assume that using rsdlite to go to 2.01 would be the best option?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i still think just going into VZW to do your phone and then wait and get home to do hers. but yea link one in my sig will do 2.0.1 with RSDlite

Manetic09

Reaction score
Bring it back down so that if there IS an issue with the phone there wont be any complications with verizon. We all know how wonderful customer service is nowadays :)

keiichi25

Reaction score
I find that you should put it back to stock mode unless you plan on becoming tech support for your girlfriend.

I also find that it is safer not to give a non-techy person a tricked out system, as they will find new and horrible ways to accidentally break it that will make you cry. By leaving it at Stock, you can at least not have to worry about having her go to Verizon and get it exchanged if it goes horribly horribly wrong and not also have them go, "So sorry, but that is not covered."

And it will save you a lot of grief later when you two are apart and she has problems with it, you can at least point her to go to a nearby verizon store to deal with the problems versus trying to talk her through it and having a frustrated and angry girlfriend later.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
My Husband went and ordered the droidX. I found out by the ship notice. I dread, dread, dread the questions he is about to start asking. His usually start out, "Now you know I am not gadget savvy....but I do not understand....." Alas, why I prefer books with new gadgets. I read them, he does not. I know...guy thing...I know. Hope you enjoy the new X.

keiichi25

Reaction score
My Husband went and ordered the droidX. I found out by the ship notice. I dread, dread, dread the questions he is about to start asking. His usually start out, "Now you know I am not gadget savvy....but I do not understand....." Alas, why I prefer books with new gadgets. I read them, he does not. I know...guy thing...I know. Hope you enjoy the new X.

Hey now... If I can't figure it out, I look for the book... Then on the internet... Then I pester someone.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
Then I am going to have to...no...cannot even tap it out here and believe it will come true....train him to come here for solutions. Gold star to you for searching. Nah, I am going to be looking for answers double time.....soon as his training wheels come off he should be fine.....grin....head shake...grimace...sigh

keiichi25

Reaction score
Easy solution for that... It comes from the Toyota commercial... "The more time I spend away from that Droid question... The less headaches I get, dear."

Reaction score
I just got a new Droid 1 (lol washing machine) and realized you can activate phones online. Just access your account on verizonwireless.com and there's a link to "activate phone". You just give it the ESN/MEID and then *228 on the phone and it'll activate sans annoying human beings.

Reaction score
i dare you to give her a rooted droid. i dare you.

14uakhg.jpg

Last edited: