this is gonna be a long wait

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
having used the moto droid for while now (rooted BB v0.8 w/chevy's 1 gHz) and now using the droid incredible for almost a day...I got to say, I really enjoy the Sense UI and just about everything about the phone is better. I rarely used the physical keyboard. For me the keyboard was actually uncomfortable and awkward to use (not balanced/centered).

The speed on this thing is truly crazy...no glitches yet (no work is being done LOL). there are some things that are of concern but truly what phone don't have that? Having used an Android phone (I've used every OS out there), for me it has to be best and now with Incredible I am truly happy kekeke....

you just made the wait even longer and more agonizing ;)

glad to see your happy with it.. im sure ill love it..

dunamis

Reaction score
having used the moto droid for while now (rooted BB v0.8 w/chevy's 1 gHz) and now using the droid incredible for almost a day...I got to say, I really enjoy the Sense UI and just about everything about the phone is better. I rarely used the physical keyboard. For me the keyboard was actually uncomfortable and awkward to use (not balanced/centered).

The speed on this thing is truly crazy...no glitches yet (no work is being done LOL). there are some things that are of concern but truly what phone don't have that? Having used an Android phone (I've used every OS out there), for me it has to be best and now with Incredible I am truly happy kekeke....

nice! i want it!

yes...you do....and you will hopefully soon.

For me...the moto droid disappointed me obviously the physical keyboard...but mainly the size and weight. I think there is an optimal size for a PHONE. It's a phone that you put in your pocket most of the time and use probably like 50 times a day (just a guess...more like 100 for me right now) and it has to feel good in your hands and in your pocket. The moto droid with a case (Otterbox) and w/o case felt like a tank and really didn't feel comfortable or even luxurious (if that makes sense). But this droid incredible feels wonderful and convenient in the hands and pocket. Some reviews out there complain that the phone feels cheap (yes, some prefer 1st gen iPhone) but REALLY? do we the modern day smartphone users really abuse our phone where plastic covering will affect the integrity of the phone? if they abuse their phone that much....they shouldn't be using these type of phones....maybe they should stick with old moto razr or of those phones. Most of us are so anal we put screen protector, and then a case, and then if we could a full body armour like Invishield. We cry when we get a minor scratch here and there.....my point is that most people really do take care of their phones where plastic covering doesn't and won't really matter in their durability. THE OS and HARDWARE is more important in my opinion.

I'm almost 6ft and according to my wife have above normal hands...and this thing feels just right. I was trying to imagine how the Sprint HTC EVO 4G would feel....(size wise)...and can't really make an accurate determination since I don't have it physically, but my main turn off with that phone is Sprint and their coverage. Having a phone and not being able to use when in need is a major turnoff. I've had T-mobile, ATT, Sprint, and of course Verizon and there is a reason why Verizon is the best (not cheap but dependable).

anyway...just my ignorant opinions.....wow...this is the longest post of my life....LOL

dunamis

Reaction score

you just made the wait even longer and more agonizing ;)

glad to see your happy with it.. im sure ill love it..

you guys are funny....making me feel bad. But seriously, I don't know how I got mine early. Only thing I can see is that I called instead on doing it online, but they had to get a managers approval since my NE2 official date was the 30th which they did.

Another thing I personally like is that on the HTC mail app over gmail app is that I can copy/paste on emails.....I didn't know if it synced w/gmail (like the read messages) but it does.

vtvette

Reaction score
the problem is that HTC Sense does not have a landscape mode on the homescreens like the droid does. so yes the charging port is on the side, but the home screens will not rotate.

I'm under the impression that you can turn off Sense and use regular Android on the phone? I've heard this referred to in several other posts.

If I could do that I wonder if the DockRunner app would then work on the Incredible?

Dock Runner – Dock the Droid for free

Either way I just placed my order on Verizon for the Incredible so I'm committed now!

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
the Incredible army is increasing.... what sold me was the video in the "TV OUT" thread.. i saw that and immediately ordered the phone.. i dont mind the weight on the droid, but it is a little much in my pocket, specially when im on my motorcycle..

is it the 29th yet.. ;)

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Another thing I personally like is that on the HTC mail app over gmail app is that I can copy/paste on emails.....I didn't know if it synced w/gmail (like the read messages) but it does.

Wait, are you saying you can actually cut and paste from portions of e-mails on the Incredible using the HTC e-mail interface? One review was saying you couldn't do any cutting and pasting from the bodies of e-mails. If it can, that's another big plus. And something else HTC got right.

dunamis

Reaction score
the problem is that HTC Sense does not have a landscape mode on the homescreens like the droid does. so yes the charging port is on the side, but the home screens will not rotate.

I'm under the impression that you can turn off Sense and use regular Android on the phone? I've heard this referred to in several other posts.

If I could do that I wonder if the DockRunner app would then work on the Incredible?

Dock Runner – Dock the Droid for free

Either way I just placed my order on Verizon for the Incredible so I'm committed now!

I followed the direction
How to: Turn off HTC Sense | AndroidGuys
but didn't work....sorry

dunamis

Reaction score

Wait, are you saying you can actually cut and paste from portions of e-mails on the Incredible using the HTC e-mail interface? One review was saying you couldn't do any cutting and pasting from the bodies of e-mails. If it can, that's another big plus. And something else HTC got right.

obviously you can't paste to an email that was received(unless you're replying)...but you can copy. When you put your finger over the screen you get the window that pops up giving the three options (copy, search, and send I think....) you can select a word or a selection......really cool...

the more I use the Sense UI...the more i like. Again, there will be things I'm sure I will not like or wished for something, but seriously so far I just like.

OH.....another cool thing I just found out and that I didn't realize how much I like or missed. Remember guys during the old flip phones or even on the BB you can start typing the name by letters and it searches and bring up contacts? well htc sense does that. When in the phone app, you use the T9 to put in letters of the name and it comes up.....did the moto droid do that? I don't remember LOL.....

Last edited:
OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score

obviously you can't paste to an email that was received(unless you're replying)...but you can copy. When you put your finger over the screen you get the window that pops up giving the three options (copy, search, and send I think....) you can select a word or a selection......really cool...

the more I use the Sense UI...the more i like. Again, there will be things I'm sure I will not like or wished for something, but seriously so far I just like.

OH.....another cool thing I just found out and that I didn't realize how much I like or missed. Remember guys during the old flip phones or even on the BB you can start typing the name by letters and it searches and brings it up? well htc sense does that. When in the phone app, you use the T9 to put in letters of the name and it comes up.....did the moto droid do that? I don't remember LOL.....

no the droid def does not do that.. should be standard on any phone , glad the incredible has it..

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Its interesting you found this, because the reviewer on the video about cutting and pasting on the Incredible missed the hell out of that feature. He said there was no way you can cut from an incoming e-mail and paste to an outgoing. Either he was in the wrong e-mail part of the phone or hadn't gotten that deep into it. But saying it couldn't be done when it obviously can be...bad reviewer, bad. :D

dunamis

Reaction score

Its interesting you found this, because the reviewer on the video about cutting and pasting on the Incredible missed the hell out of that feature. He said there was no way you can cut from an incoming e-mail and paste to an outgoing. Either he was in the wrong e-mail part of the phone or hadn't gotten that deep into it. But saying it couldn't be done when it obviously can be...bad reviewer, bad. :D

LOL...you made me try it like three times just to be sure....but yes, definitely you can.

I'm sure these reviewers are good...but sometimes I question how much they really enjoy or even use these phones like we do. Some of the things they waste their time in their reviews, really erks me. I want to know things in daily usages....things we deal with as we use it constantly...after all we spend money and time on these devices to make our lives more efficient and more enjoyable. Like copy and paste on email....I don't do that everyday, but it ticks me off when these developers miss that (it's so elementary).

dunamis

Reaction score
onething I just found out about the htc mail app is sometimes, it mixes up the format and alignment. do you know what I mean?

Funny thing...just got an email where I needed to copy and paste to my calendar.....

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
onething I just found out about the htc mail app is sometimes, it mixes up the format and alignment. do you know what I mean?

Funny thing...just got an email where I needed to copy and paste to my calendar.....

Not following you on the format and alignment. Whats it doing? Shifting it on the screen? Or how it actually comes up?

dunamis

Reaction score
Man, listening to some of the reviewers, I wonder how they get out of bed in the morning without killing themselves. LOL

lot of these reviews I feel are for noobs.

I feel we need a reviewer for us experienced users and to explain and give details with advance everyday usage......